- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Naithani launches edu schemes for Govt schools
Uttarakhand Education Minister Mantri Prasad Naithani launched several education based schemes to impart quality education in the Government schools at a programme held at Rajiv Gandhi Navodaya Vidyalaya, Nanoorkheda, Dehradun on Friday.
The Education Minister said, “In order to provide three-month free coaching for preparing engineering and medical examinations to the Class X and Class XI students of Rajiv Gandhi Navodaya, Dehradun, a memorandum of understanding (MoU) has been signed between Uttarakhand school education directorate and ask IITians, Noida Uttar Pradesh. With the help of technology, these students will be taught online base, live, interactive class room by the institute.”
Naithani said that those public and government unaided schools had secured affiliation from the education department before the enforcement of Right to Education Act-2011, they do not need to secure affiliation again from the department under Right to Education Rectified Act-2013 in the State.
These schools will have to submit self declaration form stating they are implementing RTE Act in their school to the education department.
In order to make this process easy, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) Cell has recently developed software with the help of Uttarakhand National Information Centre.
In this software, schools can easily fill all the relevant informations under RTE Act and common people would be able to get school’s details in the website, he added.
With the help of Punjab National Bank, the education department is going to install flexes at various places highlighting minimum level of students’ learning studying in various classes in the Government schools.
The department has recently drafted ‘Expected Learning Material’ based on syllabus in four subjects like Hindi, English, Mathematics and Environmental Studies for teachers. These flexes will be installed in offices of Cluster Resource Coordinator, Block Resource Coordinator, Block Education officer, District education officer, District Institute of Education and Training, education directorate and other places in the state. These flexes will remind the school teachers about minimum learning of students as per their classes.
The education officer will be directed to visit schools to evaluate students’ performance based on ELM. Based on their report, steps will be taken to improve students’ performance in Government schools in the State.
He further said that text books are being provided to the students studying in Class I-VIII in government and aided schools under SSA in the state. State Council of Education Research and Training (SECRET) will develop activity books under SSA fund for these students to impart quality education in the Government schools, the Minister added.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- State Govt urged to check jumbo deaths, given tips 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Green nod to cement plant opposed in Jajpur district 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Animesh Biswas is new NITR Director 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mineral transport rates for truckers revised 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nabard sets Rs 10K-cr aid for Odisha 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Poor execution of protective laws: SCs, STs suffer in State 01 Oct 2016 | MANAS JENA | in Bhubaneswar
- Graft slur against Sarpanch; fast held 01 Oct 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Let CBI probe cases against Ramesh Jena, says Cong 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- N’garh cracker blast: STF begins probe 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 6,263 teachers’ posts still vacant in high schools 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Devendra Fadnavis fights like women, the way they do over water taps. I have not seen a more short-tempered Chief Minister.
We start with an assumption that all we want is recognition. I don't work for recognition. It's love for the craft (of acting).
India-Pakistan confrontation can lead to a disaster of epic proportions for Jammu & Kashmir Escalations must be avoided.