Naithani launches edu schemes for Govt schools
Uttarakhand Education Minister Mantri Prasad Naithani launched several education based schemes to impart quality education in the Government schools at a programme held at Rajiv Gandhi Navodaya Vidyalaya, Nanoorkheda, Dehradun on Friday.
The Education Minister said, “In order to provide three-month free coaching for preparing engineering and medical examinations to the Class X and Class XI students of Rajiv Gandhi Navodaya, Dehradun, a memorandum of understanding (MoU) has been signed between Uttarakhand school education directorate and ask IITians, Noida Uttar Pradesh. With the help of technology, these students will be taught online base, live, interactive class room by the institute.”
Naithani said that those public and government unaided schools had secured affiliation from the education department before the enforcement of Right to Education Act-2011, they do not need to secure affiliation again from the department under Right to Education Rectified Act-2013 in the State.
These schools will have to submit self declaration form stating they are implementing RTE Act in their school to the education department.
In order to make this process easy, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) Cell has recently developed software with the help of Uttarakhand National Information Centre.
In this software, schools can easily fill all the relevant informations under RTE Act and common people would be able to get school’s details in the website, he added.
With the help of Punjab National Bank, the education department is going to install flexes at various places highlighting minimum level of students’ learning studying in various classes in the Government schools.
The department has recently drafted ‘Expected Learning Material’ based on syllabus in four subjects like Hindi, English, Mathematics and Environmental Studies for teachers. These flexes will be installed in offices of Cluster Resource Coordinator, Block Resource Coordinator, Block Education officer, District education officer, District Institute of Education and Training, education directorate and other places in the state. These flexes will remind the school teachers about minimum learning of students as per their classes.
The education officer will be directed to visit schools to evaluate students’ performance based on ELM. Based on their report, steps will be taken to improve students’ performance in Government schools in the State.
He further said that text books are being provided to the students studying in Class I-VIII in government and aided schools under SSA in the state. State Council of Education Research and Training (SECRET) will develop activity books under SSA fund for these students to impart quality education in the Government schools, the Minister added.
- Azam Khan demands nationwide ban on cow slaughter 28 Mar 2017 | pns | in Lucknow
- Ram Govind Chaudhary to be leader of opposition in 17th UP Assembly 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Crackdown only against illegal slaughter houses says State Govt 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State law commission justice Ravindra Singh resigns 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP CM seeks detail report on Gomti Riverfront project 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM orders CB probe; SIT formed 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rs12,946-cr commercial tax by February-end 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- There’s need of a Moral University that Govt should support 28 Mar 2017 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Orphanage kids join Ekamra Walks, visit temples 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Agro productions decline in State 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar