- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
Officials to be held responsible for accidents
The Chamoli District Magistrate Ashish Joshi has warned that action will be taken against officials of the executing agency concerned in case of any accident on the national highway due to negligence of the agency. He said this while asking the working agencies engaged in road construction to complete works at the earliest or face action if accident happens. The Chamoli DM Ashish Joshi said this while chairing a road security committee meeting held in the collectorate at Gopeshwar. He sounded angry over the slow pace of road construction/repair works presently underway at Nandprayag, Maithana, Gulabkoti, Govindghat and Lambagargh and directed all concerned to complete road- related works by April 22, some days before the pilgrimage to Badrinath which the district houses starts.
The DM instructed the executive engineers to repair the black spots strewn on the roads on a war footing. Besides, he said that crash barriers, parapets and reflectors among others should be installed at the accident prone area. He further said that all arrangements should be put into place right now so that the roads if blocked are cleared in a quarter of an hour after the pilgrimage commences.
Joshi also directed to sub- divisional magistrate and the circle police officers to conduct checking drives from time to time to minimise road accidents and instructed the local bodies to remove encroachment and hoardings as identified for removal by the administration.
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun