- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
One duped of Rs 7.5L on pretext of job
A swindling complaint was lodged at Nehru Colony police station in Dehradun on Tuesday in which the complainant said that he had been duped of Rs 7.5 lakh by one on the assurance of providing him with a job in the court.
The complainant Madan Mohan Joshi, resident of Saraswati Vihar, Ajabpur Khurd, Dehradun, stated in his complaint that he had met Babita Rani Verma of Payal Enclave Shimla Bypass Road through a common acquaintance Tara Joshi, resident Banjarawala, last year. Joshi alleged that Babita told him that she could help him with a job in the court if he agreed to pay Rs 7 lakh. As per the complaint, the sum was paid in two parts-half in cash and half in cheque in September 2017. However, as he did not land in the promised job after three months passed since he gave her the money he grew suspicious, the complainant said. However, she kept on avoiding him, Joshi stated in the complaint.
In April 2018, he was given a cheque of Rs 3.50 lakh by Babita which later bounced in the bank. “After the cheque bounced I tried to contact Babita, but I failed. After all my attempts to get the money back failed I lodged a complaint at the Nehru Colony police station, detailing how I was swindled of my money by the fraudster,” he said.
On the basis of the written complaint, the police have registered a case under a number of sections at Nehru Colony police station. A police officer based at the police station said that they are now investigating the case and action would be taken after the probe is over.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun