- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
Original form of water body should not tampered with: Residents
Regarding planned ‘beautification’ of the pond in Defence Colony, a group of concerned residents of nearby localities have come together to demand that the original form of the water body should not be tampered with.
Apart from holding demonstrations near the pond, the citizens also wrote to the Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority (MDDA) vice chairman Ashish Kumar Srivastav. While appreciating the Government plan for rejuvenating and beautifying the pond, they have also raised various concerns with Srivastav who also heads the committee formed by the Government for the task.
They stated, “We suggest that the committee formed by the Government should have members from the scientific community and some locals who have lived in the area in addition to members from Utarakhand State Biodiversity Board and forest department.
The originality of the pond should also be conserved as it is home to several wetland species like mud-flippers, yellow snake and various birds.
The rejuvenation and beautification work should be done considering the Biodiversity Act 2002, the Wildlife Protection Act and the Environment (Protection) Act. As there is no extra space around the pond, toilets, rest house, parking or any other construction should not be planned here.
Sewer and household water drains emptying in to this pond should also be diverted appropriately,” they added in their letter to the MDDA vice chairman.
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun