- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Pharmacists’ stir for 21-point demand will begin on Oct 1
The Diploma Pharmacist Association, Uttarakhand will launch Statewide agitation in support of its 21-point demands from October 1 and the agitation will commence in different phases to give the opportunity to the Government to take proactive action regarding the pending demands. The protest will continue till November 10 and if the demands of the association are not met, indefinite strike will start thereafter.
Uttarakhand Diploma Pharmacist Association District Unit general secretary TR Rauthan and vice president RS Chauhan said that the association was forced to consider agitation for getting its pending demands met. The association had withdrawn its agitation in the year 2010 when the Government gave assurance and signed a written agreement regarding the demands of the association. Despite this the government has maintained an apathetic attitude towards the demands of the diploma pharmacists.
Rauthan said that the district units of the association will launch the agitation as part of the phased protest. On the first day of the agitation on October 1, the units will submit their memorandum to Chief Minister, Health Minister, Director General, Health, Chief Secretary and Principal Secretary, Health. The pharmacists will observe protest days from October 7 to 11 by tying black armbands. From October 12 the pharmacists will perform emergency service on second Saturday and after that they will start to boycott work.
They will boycott work for two hours from October 14 to 15, three hours from October 16 to 18 and then the pharmacists will boycott for 72 hours from October 21 to 23. Five officer-bearers of the district unit will stage fast with other units’ office-bearers at the Health Directorate in Dehradun on October 26. If the authorities continue to maintain an apathetic attitude towards their demands, the pharmacists will begin an indefinite period strike from November 10.
Rauthan said that the demands of the association include authorizing pharmacists to prescribe Schedule H drugs in view of shortage of doctors in mountainous areas, enabling transfer of pharmacists from sub-centre to Government allopathic hospital and pay grade related issues.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Is BJP’s 2019 eureka moment a reality now? 19 Feb 2017 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP wins 5 of 8 B’swar ZP seats in 3rd phase 19 Feb 2017 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
- J’khand CM, Oram, Pradhan campaign in Mayurbhanj 19 Feb 2017 | Kavi Vishnu Satpathy | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt wants GI tag for Sambalpuri Saree 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Playboy officer who rolled in luxury at public cost 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- A’garh MLA attacked by villagers 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CBI Jt Director meets DGP 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 6 die, 4 critical as truck overturns in K’handi 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP accuses ADGP of protecting BJD goons 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Congress sweeps ZP polls in Jharsuguda 19 Feb 2017 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
It is Sasikala's family which has taken over the reins of Government. We have received Amma’s blessing to oust the regime.
If an actor is not doing commercial films, it doesn’t mean that he or she has no work to do at all. I have been busy.
Wall Street Journal story is dead wrong and impugns the integrity of professional intelligence officers by peddling gossip.