Police bust flesh trade racket
Dehradun Police have busted a prostitution racket while conducting a raid in a residential house at Telpura in Patelnagar on Monday. Police have arrested seven persons, including a woman, for allegedly running the prostitution racket. Five women rescued during the raid hail from Bangladesh, Nepal, Guwahati, Kolkata and Dehradun.
As per the press release issued by the SSP office, the accused have been identified as Victor Deniyal, resident of Chuna Bhatta, Kapil, resident of Patelnagar, Praveen, native of New Delhi, Deepu, Satish, Rajat Sharma and Vivek, all natives of Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh). The woman accused was Deepa Negi who was supposedly operating the sex racket from her house through mobile phones and internet services.
A case has been registered under sections 3/5/6b/8 of Immoral Trafficking Act against the accused in Patelnagar police station.
Police sources said that while being grilled, the house owner Negi had admitted to the sex racket being run from her house with girls various parts of the country and abroad remaining engaged for prostitution activities.
A police officer said that following a tip-off, a team comprising ASP Lokeshwar Singh, Patelnagar police station in-charge Ritesh Sah, sub-inspectors- Vipin Bahuguna, Ravindra Shah, Satendra Negi, Mukesh Bhatt and some constables had raided the house.
- Himalayan region shows lack of political will: Chipko leader 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM meets Javadekar, Prasad 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Working committee meeting to be held in State on Dec 17 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ex CM Rawat confuses people: Ajay Bhatt 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Minister listens to people‚Äôs grievances at Janata Milan 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Margin money a concern for Rural Bus applicants 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Student leaders seek removal of Exam controller 12 Dec 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Nothing but waste of public money 12 Dec 2017 | Gp Semwal | in Dehradun
- Seth holds meeting for Khadi, Saras Mela 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Villagers angry as Gairsain debate lingers on 12 Dec 2017 | Gajendra Singh Negi | in Dehradun