- Bullet-riddled body of man working for Army found: police
- Violent threats not acceptable in democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Steep fare hike will 'kill' Delhi Metro: Kejriwal
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed's release
- President urges legal fraternity to provide free services to poor
- Egypt army launches offensive against militants after deadly mosque attack
RTE helps 8,587 poor children reach school
A total of 8,587 children belonging to financially weaker section of society were enrolled under section 12 (1) (c) Right to Education Act in the different Government schools of the State, said additional secretary and Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) State project director Radhika Jha on Wednesday.
She said that as per the RET Act, 25 per cent children of financial weaker section will be enrolled in 3693 unaided schools in the state. A total of 23, 984 seats in public schools have reserved for children of this section.
All the district education officers have been directed to ensure that these seats are filled by the target students within stipulated time.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) State project RTE Cell in-charge Krishna Swaroop said that as per the report received from the districts, 3775 out of target 4218 students have been enrolled in the different public schools of Dehradun, 426 out of 1111 target students in Almora, 247 out of 429 students in Bageshwar, 212 out of 691 students in Chamoli, 34 out of 502 students in Champawat, 135 out of 3516
students in Haridwar, 539 out of 1514 students in Nainital, 210 out of 1078 students in Pithoragarh, 120 out of 606 students in Rudraprayag, 234 out of 1648 students in Pauri, 325 out of 1796 students in Tehri, 2110 out of 6071 students in Udham Singh Nagar and 200 out of 804 students in Uttarkashi.
- Sexual assault of 16-yr-old girl: Police nab miscreant 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- JNAU signs pact with Chiba University of Japan 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Advancing development of library practitioners 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Medical workshop to be organised today at AIIMS 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 25 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Dengue deaths rising: Civic body blamed for poor sanitation 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Work will be given to SHGs 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Famous artist from Gujarat displays art at Bharat Bhavan 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Valuables worth Rs 1.5 lakh burgled from Ratan Colony 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Play staged at State Tribal Museum 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal