- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
‘Run for Unity’ to mark Sardar Patel’s death anniv
Former BJP State president and State coordinator for Statue of Unity project, BS Rawat said that ‘Run for Unity’ would be held to commemorate the death anniversary of India’s first deputy prime minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on December 15 in all the 13 districts of State.
He said that youths and elders will also participate in the run. While addressing mediapersons in a Press conference held at state party office in Dehradun on Friday, Rawat said that activists have been instructed to collect half to one kg iron and soil from the holy place from each village of the State in a move to
contribute for the construction of world’s tallest 182 metre State of unity, which is going to be set up at Sadhu Bet, an island located three kilometers away from the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the riverbed of Narmada. Rawat stressed that Patel also known as Iron Man of India, is better known for his contribution in reuniting India after independence in 1947.
“A certificate having initials of every member of district Panchayat would be collected and the collected relief materials would be sent to Gujarat for setting up world’s tallest statue,” he said, adding that Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has decided to construct statue of unity after having detailed study of nearly
Rawat claimed that the construction work of statue of unity is expected to be completed within four years. Rawat said that that iron and soil is likely to be collected from one lakh 87 thousand villages across the country with an aim to unite entire country. The work for collecting soil and iron will be started first in Haridwar district under the leadership of BJP Kisan Morcha president Sushil Chauhan and will be taken to other districts of Uttarakhand, once the proposed Panchayat elections over in the near future.
Rawat said that the statue is a tribute to this great architect of modern and united India. After highlighting that stern instruction has been already released to party activists to turn proposed run for unity, a giant success, Rawat claimed that people from different walks of life is likely to participate in the event.
He also claimed that party activists are already geared up for the proposed Gujarat’s chief minister Narendra Modi's rally, which is likely to take place on December 15.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- SP to hold Mega rally on December 20 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM says ePOS machines will make PDS more efficient 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Assembly polls likely to be shifted to April in UP 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Triple Talaq: AIMPLB opposes High Court judgment 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM to distribute bravery award to non-gazetted police personnel 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- RLD postpones kisan rally at Basti 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Woman hands over baby girl to relative 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Family of boy with hydrocephalus cries for help 09 Dec 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Dog birth control scheme goes awry in Sambalpur dist 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Electricity produced from scrapped Rs500 notes! 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
For god's sake, do your job. You (MPs) are meant to transact business in Parliament (and not to disrupt).
Rahul Gandhi is competing with Arvind Kejriwal in TRP politics by levelling baseless charges on daily basis.
We (India and the US) are both multicultural societies, but nevertheless, hold together extremely well.