- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
‘Run for Unity’ to mark Sardar Patel’s death anniv
Former BJP State president and State coordinator for Statue of Unity project, BS Rawat said that ‘Run for Unity’ would be held to commemorate the death anniversary of India’s first deputy prime minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on December 15 in all the 13 districts of State.
He said that youths and elders will also participate in the run. While addressing mediapersons in a Press conference held at state party office in Dehradun on Friday, Rawat said that activists have been instructed to collect half to one kg iron and soil from the holy place from each village of the State in a move to
contribute for the construction of world’s tallest 182 metre State of unity, which is going to be set up at Sadhu Bet, an island located three kilometers away from the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the riverbed of Narmada. Rawat stressed that Patel also known as Iron Man of India, is better known for his contribution in reuniting India after independence in 1947.
“A certificate having initials of every member of district Panchayat would be collected and the collected relief materials would be sent to Gujarat for setting up world’s tallest statue,” he said, adding that Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has decided to construct statue of unity after having detailed study of nearly
Rawat claimed that the construction work of statue of unity is expected to be completed within four years. Rawat said that that iron and soil is likely to be collected from one lakh 87 thousand villages across the country with an aim to unite entire country. The work for collecting soil and iron will be started first in Haridwar district under the leadership of BJP Kisan Morcha president Sushil Chauhan and will be taken to other districts of Uttarakhand, once the proposed Panchayat elections over in the near future.
Rawat said that the statue is a tribute to this great architect of modern and united India. After highlighting that stern instruction has been already released to party activists to turn proposed run for unity, a giant success, Rawat claimed that people from different walks of life is likely to participate in the event.
He also claimed that party activists are already geared up for the proposed Gujarat’s chief minister Narendra Modi's rally, which is likely to take place on December 15.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party further deepens 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Udayveer Singh expelled from Samajwadi Party 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP state executive held first meet under Shivpal Yadav 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Prajapati gets relief once again 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt reshuffles seven bureaucrats 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Real fight will be among BSP and BJP in coming Polls claims Satish Mishra 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- The conundrum of communalism 23 Oct 2016 | Romit Bagchi | in Dehradun
- Atanu’s ouster opens BJD’s pandora’s box 23 Oct 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- Rourkela scrap trader shot dead 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Fire: Close shave for Habisiyalis in Puri 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!