- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
‘Run for Unity’ to mark Sardar Patel’s death anniv
Former BJP State president and State coordinator for Statue of Unity project, BS Rawat said that ‘Run for Unity’ would be held to commemorate the death anniversary of India’s first deputy prime minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on December 15 in all the 13 districts of State.
He said that youths and elders will also participate in the run. While addressing mediapersons in a Press conference held at state party office in Dehradun on Friday, Rawat said that activists have been instructed to collect half to one kg iron and soil from the holy place from each village of the State in a move to
contribute for the construction of world’s tallest 182 metre State of unity, which is going to be set up at Sadhu Bet, an island located three kilometers away from the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the riverbed of Narmada. Rawat stressed that Patel also known as Iron Man of India, is better known for his contribution in reuniting India after independence in 1947.
“A certificate having initials of every member of district Panchayat would be collected and the collected relief materials would be sent to Gujarat for setting up world’s tallest statue,” he said, adding that Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has decided to construct statue of unity after having detailed study of nearly
Rawat claimed that the construction work of statue of unity is expected to be completed within four years. Rawat said that that iron and soil is likely to be collected from one lakh 87 thousand villages across the country with an aim to unite entire country. The work for collecting soil and iron will be started first in Haridwar district under the leadership of BJP Kisan Morcha president Sushil Chauhan and will be taken to other districts of Uttarakhand, once the proposed Panchayat elections over in the near future.
Rawat said that the statue is a tribute to this great architect of modern and united India. After highlighting that stern instruction has been already released to party activists to turn proposed run for unity, a giant success, Rawat claimed that people from different walks of life is likely to participate in the event.
He also claimed that party activists are already geared up for the proposed Gujarat’s chief minister Narendra Modi's rally, which is likely to take place on December 15.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Will contest against Akhilesh if he doesn’t listen says Mulayam 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- EC issues notifications for first phase of UP Polls 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP legislature, Congress, BSP leaders joins BJP 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BSP expels Sahibabad MLA Amarpal Sharma for anti-party activites 17 Jan 2017 | pns | in Lucknow
- SP,BSP wants votes and BJP wants people welfare: Maurya to Dalit community 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJD peps up SHGs for votes in rural polls 17 Jan 2017 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- No report that jumbo population has decreased 17 Jan 2017 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Wary of image, BJD, BJP fight over raids 17 Jan 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- UN Behera takes over as OERC chief 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- New poll schedule in M’giri after Jan 22 17 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
I will live for Muslims and die for them. If it comes to Muslims' interest, I will also fight against him (Akhilesh Yadav).
In a relationship when people are attracted to each other, things do happen. But it does not mean it's rape.
I think she (German Chancellor) made one very catastrophic mistake, and that was taking in illegals, wherever they come from.