- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Skill development programme from Sept 9
In order to assist the educated but unemployed youths belonging to the disaster affected districts of the hill State to get employment opportunities, the Uttarakhand Skill Development Society (USDS), Dehradun, is going to launch a skill development training programme from September 9.
Under this skill development training programme which is to be launched by the USDS, Dehradun, in association with some other companies, interested youths would be able to get necessary training for free of cost, said B L Firmal, ADM, Bageshwar, urging the educated but unemployed youths of the district to apply soon for joining this training programme.
Under this skill development training programme, 100 applicants would be given training on trades like carpenter, mason to name a few, further said the ADM, Bageshwar. Duration of this training programme is three months and the candidates would be able to do training in different trades free of cost, he added. The interested candidates have been asked to apply online i.e. www.usdm.co.in till August 31, 2013. After completion of the training, the trained youths would be helped get job opportunities, added the official concerned of the Bageshwar district administration.
The USDS is going to launch this skill development training programme with some other companies from September 9. It is worth mention here that apart from some districts of the Garhwal region including Chamoli, Uttarkashi, Rudraprayag to name a few , Kumaon division’s Bageshwar and Pithoragarh districts are the worst affected districts due to natural calamity in this rainy season.
Though weather conditions have shown a bit improvement, poor road connectivity in these disaster ravaged districts affecting normal life badly, still remain a cause of concern. Therefore, as the officials concerned have maintained, the basic purpose of launching this three month long skill development training programme is to enable the educated but unemployed youths of the disaster affected areas to get some job opportunities.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- 358 nominations for JSPL foundation’s Swayamsiddh Samman 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Prithvi II test-fired from Chandipur 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Olive Ridley mating pairs sighted at Gahirmatha 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- B’pur locals meet Khurda DRM on train timings 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- MCL eyes to produce 250 MT coal by 2020 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Airstrip renovation hailed in M’bhanj, Baleswar 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man held for abducting nephew for ransom 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sarathi Baba’s bail rejected 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Malyabanta fest celebrates tribals’ colourful life 27 Nov 2015 | NADIYA CHAND KANUNGO | in Bhubaneswar
- ABVP national meet begins in city 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
Aamir has played the role of a patriot in many films, but he failed to make his wife understand about love for the country. SP chief’s
People usually deteriorate with age but she (Shilpa Shetty) is becoming beautiful. Everyone will look bad before her.
Debates, disputes and dialogues are the soul of Parliament. For other things, the entire country is available as an arena.