- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Strong quake hits Taiwan, killing 3; 221 rescued from rubble
- Centre says LED bulbs given to Maha meet quality standards
- RCB's Rs 9.5 crore bid makes Watson million dollar man of IPL
- Kapu leader begins indefinite fast
- Kudankulam n-plant down due to steam leak
- IS looking to spread foothold: White House
- Swaraj leaves for two-day visit to Lanka
- 11 coaches of Bengaluru-bound train derail in TN
- PM, defence minister condole death of soldiers in Siachen avalanche
Skill development programme from Sept 9
In order to assist the educated but unemployed youths belonging to the disaster affected districts of the hill State to get employment opportunities, the Uttarakhand Skill Development Society (USDS), Dehradun, is going to launch a skill development training programme from September 9.
Under this skill development training programme which is to be launched by the USDS, Dehradun, in association with some other companies, interested youths would be able to get necessary training for free of cost, said B L Firmal, ADM, Bageshwar, urging the educated but unemployed youths of the district to apply soon for joining this training programme.
Under this skill development training programme, 100 applicants would be given training on trades like carpenter, mason to name a few, further said the ADM, Bageshwar. Duration of this training programme is three months and the candidates would be able to do training in different trades free of cost, he added. The interested candidates have been asked to apply online i.e. www.usdm.co.in till August 31, 2013. After completion of the training, the trained youths would be helped get job opportunities, added the official concerned of the Bageshwar district administration.
The USDS is going to launch this skill development training programme with some other companies from September 9. It is worth mention here that apart from some districts of the Garhwal region including Chamoli, Uttarkashi, Rudraprayag to name a few , Kumaon division’s Bageshwar and Pithoragarh districts are the worst affected districts due to natural calamity in this rainy season.
Though weather conditions have shown a bit improvement, poor road connectivity in these disaster ravaged districts affecting normal life badly, still remain a cause of concern. Therefore, as the officials concerned have maintained, the basic purpose of launching this three month long skill development training programme is to enable the educated but unemployed youths of the disaster affected areas to get some job opportunities.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJP-BJD face-off over refinery hots up 06 Feb 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- 5 major city parks to get open air gyms 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State for early announcement of NINIE 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Denizens join hands with BMC, clean city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State’s support has made refinery possible: BJD 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘BJD Government’s incentive withdrawal delayed refinery’ 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mahapatra chief dir of movie on Paika Vidroh 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Indian origin Canada national detained 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NSD to bring Bharat Rang Mahotsav to city 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Seashore dir Prabhat’s bail plea rejected 06 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
31 Jan 2016 | Gautam Chintamani
The Indians are coming! From Kunal Nayyar to Priyanka Chopra to Aziz Ansari, Gautam Chintamani explains how the golden age of Indian or even Asian portrayal on American television may have irrevocably arrived In an episode of the television show Master of None titled ‘Indians on TV’, Aziz Ansari, the well-known American actor and comedian, who also happens to be the creator of the show, succinctly summed up the state of....
The previous Governor had refused sanction for my prosecution. It was illegal on CBI's part to seek sanctions once again.
I get news about him (injured Formula One legend Michael Schumacher) constantly, and unfortunately it's not good.
When Syrian refugees seek sanctuary, it's the faithful from synagogues, mosques, temples and churches who welcome them.