- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
State Cong clears proposal to make Rahul party prez
The newly elected members of the Uttarakhand Pradesh Congress Committee have unanimously passed a proposal for making the All India Congress Committee vice-president Rahul Gandhi — the national president of the party. This and other proposals were passed in a meeting of the newly elected PCC members here on Thursday.
The Congress State election officer and former MP JP Agrawal presided over this meeting held at the Congress Bhawan. The PCC president Pritam Singh welcomed the newly elected committee members stating that they will play an important role in strengthening the party organisation and in the coming elections.
The Leader of Opposition in the Vidhan Sabha and Haldwani MLA, Indira Hridayesh tabled the proposal for elevating the All India Congress Committee vice-president Rahul Gandhi to the post of the AICC president.
The Uttarakhand PCC president Pritam Singh supported this proposal which was then passed unanimously by the PCC members.
Earlier, the former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat put forth a proposal giving the right to the AICC president Sonia Gandhi for election of the PCC chief and AICC members along with the appointment of the PCC chief. This proposal too was passed unanimously.
Various Congress leaders including Rajya Sabha MP Pradeep Tamta, Jot Singh Bisht, Vijay Saraswat, Suryakant Dhasmana, Sanjay Paliwal, PCC chief spokesman Mathura Dutt Joshi, MLAs Qazi Nizamuddin, Mamta Rakesh, Manoj Rawat, Adesh Chauhan, former MLAs Hira Singh Bisht, Navprabhat and various others were among those who were present in the meeting.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal