- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
State Cong clears proposal to make Rahul party prez
The newly elected members of the Uttarakhand Pradesh Congress Committee have unanimously passed a proposal for making the All India Congress Committee vice-president Rahul Gandhi — the national president of the party. This and other proposals were passed in a meeting of the newly elected PCC members here on Thursday.
The Congress State election officer and former MP JP Agrawal presided over this meeting held at the Congress Bhawan. The PCC president Pritam Singh welcomed the newly elected committee members stating that they will play an important role in strengthening the party organisation and in the coming elections.
The Leader of Opposition in the Vidhan Sabha and Haldwani MLA, Indira Hridayesh tabled the proposal for elevating the All India Congress Committee vice-president Rahul Gandhi to the post of the AICC president.
The Uttarakhand PCC president Pritam Singh supported this proposal which was then passed unanimously by the PCC members.
Earlier, the former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat put forth a proposal giving the right to the AICC president Sonia Gandhi for election of the PCC chief and AICC members along with the appointment of the PCC chief. This proposal too was passed unanimously.
Various Congress leaders including Rajya Sabha MP Pradeep Tamta, Jot Singh Bisht, Vijay Saraswat, Suryakant Dhasmana, Sanjay Paliwal, PCC chief spokesman Mathura Dutt Joshi, MLAs Qazi Nizamuddin, Mamta Rakesh, Manoj Rawat, Adesh Chauhan, former MLAs Hira Singh Bisht, Navprabhat and various others were among those who were present in the meeting.
- Women power to rule lower judiciary in Jharkhand 19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | in Ranchi
- 300 policemen on toes to ensure peaceful Diwali 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali celebration with underprivileged kids 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Teachers gear up for union polls 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali: Additional forces deployed 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- State Govt gives Diwali gift to GCE Hospital 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Modi to inaugurate projects: Bhatt 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- City gears up for Diwali celebration 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Security upped for PM‚Äôs Oct 20 visit 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun