State Government is commemorating Himalaya Day on Sep 9: PCC chief
Pradesh Congress Committee president Kishore Upadhyay has welcomed the decision of the State Government to commemorate Himalaya Day on September 9. He said that the Dharchula area could be taken up to develop as a model of how development should be in a Himalayan area. Upadhyay said this while addressing the media in Dehradun on Sunday.
The PCC chief said that the State Government is commemorating Himalaya Day on September 9 in order to elicit focus of the Central Government towards the various issues of concern for the Himalayan States of India. He further requested the chief minister Harish Rawat to develop his (Rawat’s) Dharchula assembly constituency into a model for execution of planning and policy initiatives for sustainable development in the Himalayan region.
Regarding the decision of the Central Government to implement the One Rank One Pension policy for ex-servicemen, the PCC chief said that the ex-servicemen were disappointed with the Centre’s decision as various issues in the demand had not been clarified. Upadhyay said that men from Uttarakhand have had a history of protecting the nation through their service in the armed forces. Pointing out that a considerable population of ex servicemen also resides in the State, he averred that the Centre’s decision on OROP appeared to be flawed, adding that the Centre had so far failed to give details about its decision on this issue. Alleging that the Centre had taken a “half-hearted” decision on this long standing demand of ex-servicemen, he claimed that the Congress had always stood with ex-servicemen. He said, “I had sent the PCC ex-servicemen cell president Capt (retd) Balbir Singh Rawat to Delhi with a letter pledging support to the ongoing agitation of ex-servicemen at Delhi in support of their demand for one rank one pension,”Upadhyay added.
- Saharanpur clash: Yogi govt suspends DM 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Eight youths drowned in Lakhimpur Kheri and Kanpur 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- IT Department raids two corrupt UP babus 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Saharanpur clash: Mayawati blames BJP 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Japanese Encephalitis : UP Govt to launch massive immunisation programme 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 14 minor bridges proposed over Mandirhasaud-Kendri rly line 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to fulfil PM’s ‘Smart City’ dream: Amar 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Summer camp of Mount Fort Academy draws good response 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon police chalks out traffic plan ahead of Passing- out- Parade at IMA on May 26 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Officers inspect arrangements made for pilgrimage at Rishikesh 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun