State Government is commemorating Himalaya Day on Sep 9: PCC chief
Pradesh Congress Committee president Kishore Upadhyay has welcomed the decision of the State Government to commemorate Himalaya Day on September 9. He said that the Dharchula area could be taken up to develop as a model of how development should be in a Himalayan area. Upadhyay said this while addressing the media in Dehradun on Sunday.
The PCC chief said that the State Government is commemorating Himalaya Day on September 9 in order to elicit focus of the Central Government towards the various issues of concern for the Himalayan States of India. He further requested the chief minister Harish Rawat to develop his (Rawat’s) Dharchula assembly constituency into a model for execution of planning and policy initiatives for sustainable development in the Himalayan region.
Regarding the decision of the Central Government to implement the One Rank One Pension policy for ex-servicemen, the PCC chief said that the ex-servicemen were disappointed with the Centre’s decision as various issues in the demand had not been clarified. Upadhyay said that men from Uttarakhand have had a history of protecting the nation through their service in the armed forces. Pointing out that a considerable population of ex servicemen also resides in the State, he averred that the Centre’s decision on OROP appeared to be flawed, adding that the Centre had so far failed to give details about its decision on this issue. Alleging that the Centre had taken a “half-hearted” decision on this long standing demand of ex-servicemen, he claimed that the Congress had always stood with ex-servicemen. He said, “I had sent the PCC ex-servicemen cell president Capt (retd) Balbir Singh Rawat to Delhi with a letter pledging support to the ongoing agitation of ex-servicemen at Delhi in support of their demand for one rank one pension,”Upadhyay added.
- One more farmer commits suicide 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Death of 17 patients at MY Hospital: Administration yet to explain cause 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 10% reservation in jobs for statehood activists: PIL referred to three-judge Bench 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Missing case of 17-yr-old boy: HC pulls up police for inaction 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ICAI Bhopal branch holds Yoga Day 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Numbers of swamp deer dwindling: Experts 24 Jun 2017 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Burglars decamp with goods worth Rs 1L in Eintkhedi 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC seeks State’s reply on basic amenities in Govt schools by next week 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Five robbers arrested in 3 days, two bikes seized 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi