- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
State info commission imposes penalty on Rajaji officials
Uttarakhand Information Commission has imposed a penalty of Rs 25,000 on the Rajaji national park deputy director and public information officer HK Singh for not facilitating inspection of work by an activist who had sought information about lantana eradication works in the national park.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi had sought information on four points regarding lantana eradication in lantana under the Right to Information Act in February this year. Appeals were made first to the national park appellate officer and then the State Information Commission as the PIO failed to provide a satisfactory answer to the RTI query.
Under the Act, Maulekhi had requested a chance to inspect the lantana eradication work undertaken in Rajaji which had been rejected by the PIO and national park deputy director on the grounds that there was no provision for allowing inspections under the RTI Act. Following this the Chief Information Commissioner NS Napalchyal sought an explanation from the PIO and wrote to the principal chief conservator of forests to ensure that department officers were instructed to facilitate inspection of works.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM asks supporters to keep off from SP first family’s dispute 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP calls organisation and state executive meeting 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Raj Babbar says Joshi’s exit would not hamper state Assembly polls 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maurya asked CM to remove his pictures from ration card 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Brothers brutally battered to death last night 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Hafiz Usman warns officials of Saharanpur Administration 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Paradip Fishing Harbour to be modernized 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- No fire safety in J’suguda DHH, dozen of pvt hosps 21 Oct 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- No B’ngir hosp has fire safety clearance 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Unlike Hillary Clinton, who's gotten very rich being a politician, peddling American influence, my father (Donald Trump) hasn't.
We are not entertainers. Classical musicians are not entertainers. We take the legacy of classical music forward.
Having Guru Dutt as a cousin, was a great advantage. It was a kind of goal. Because he was a film director, I could also be one.