- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
State info commission imposes penalty on Rajaji officials
Uttarakhand Information Commission has imposed a penalty of Rs 25,000 on the Rajaji national park deputy director and public information officer HK Singh for not facilitating inspection of work by an activist who had sought information about lantana eradication works in the national park.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi had sought information on four points regarding lantana eradication in lantana under the Right to Information Act in February this year. Appeals were made first to the national park appellate officer and then the State Information Commission as the PIO failed to provide a satisfactory answer to the RTI query.
Under the Act, Maulekhi had requested a chance to inspect the lantana eradication work undertaken in Rajaji which had been rejected by the PIO and national park deputy director on the grounds that there was no provision for allowing inspections under the RTI Act. Following this the Chief Information Commissioner NS Napalchyal sought an explanation from the PIO and wrote to the principal chief conservator of forests to ensure that department officers were instructed to facilitate inspection of works.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Dadri incident much hyped by ‘chalu party’: CM 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rajnath to visit to his constituency 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maulana blames UP govt for dadri incident 08 Oct 2015 | Virendra Nath Bhatt | in Lucknow
- Khan says his decision is right 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- MDM cooks to get salary info in SMS 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Panchayat polls commencing from oct-9 08 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- SKCG students go on strike 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rs226 crore earmarked for MGNREGS in Koraput 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- UP cops defends colleague beyond law 08 Oct 2015 | Preetam Srivastava | in Lucknow
- Two women critical in B’pur cylinder blast 08 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
08 Oct 2015 | PNS | Lucknow
Without naming the BJP, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that members of a ‘chalu party’ engineered the Dadri incident to divert people’s attention from development in UP and divide society on religious lines to get political mileage in the 2017 Assembly polls. “The ‘chalu party’ members raise different issues every six months thereby working on their agenda...
We seek the modification that Aadhaar be allowed to be used voluntarily for the benefit of the poor and the aged.
One used to hear such things (Dadri incident) happening in some other society, not ours. One does not feel proud.
So far we were fighting (political rivals) human beings. Now a shaitan has entered a human body, which is after us.