- PM hails soldiers who participated in 1971 Indo-Pak war
- Politics being used to crush people; Congress will defeat politics of hate: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul will lead the party with courage, dedication: Sonia
- Body of JeM terrorist found from Pulwama dist in JK: Police
- Mizoram becomes third power-surplus state in NE: PM Modi
- Coalscam: Ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, former coal secy get 3 yr jail
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president
State info commission imposes penalty on Rajaji officials
Uttarakhand Information Commission has imposed a penalty of Rs 25,000 on the Rajaji national park deputy director and public information officer HK Singh for not facilitating inspection of work by an activist who had sought information about lantana eradication works in the national park.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi had sought information on four points regarding lantana eradication in lantana under the Right to Information Act in February this year. Appeals were made first to the national park appellate officer and then the State Information Commission as the PIO failed to provide a satisfactory answer to the RTI query.
Under the Act, Maulekhi had requested a chance to inspect the lantana eradication work undertaken in Rajaji which had been rejected by the PIO and national park deputy director on the grounds that there was no provision for allowing inspections under the RTI Act. Following this the Chief Information Commissioner NS Napalchyal sought an explanation from the PIO and wrote to the principal chief conservator of forests to ensure that department officers were instructed to facilitate inspection of works.
- Rise above caste, religion: CM 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hry Govt to function from hills for 3 days 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hry Govt directs all depts to identify posts for disabled persons 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cong Govt betrays industrialists by sending enhanced power bills: Sukhbir 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Vision of inviting investment of previous Govt working: Harsimrat 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Dense fog engulfs Punjab, Hry 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Parties put their best foot forward to win battle of ballot 16 Dec 2017 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- PPCB warns vehicle owners against using pressure horns 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- NSUI stages dharna at NP University 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DPS Bokaro students felicitated 16 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi