- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Shot putter Inderjeet fails dope test; cries conspiracy
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home
- Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts of Kashmir
- Myntra acquires Jabong from Global Fashion Group
- Pak seeks independent probe into Wani's 'extrajudicial' killing
- All leads have turned out to be bad: Parrikar on missing AN-32
State info commission imposes penalty on Rajaji officials
Uttarakhand Information Commission has imposed a penalty of Rs 25,000 on the Rajaji national park deputy director and public information officer HK Singh for not facilitating inspection of work by an activist who had sought information about lantana eradication works in the national park.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi had sought information on four points regarding lantana eradication in lantana under the Right to Information Act in February this year. Appeals were made first to the national park appellate officer and then the State Information Commission as the PIO failed to provide a satisfactory answer to the RTI query.
Under the Act, Maulekhi had requested a chance to inspect the lantana eradication work undertaken in Rajaji which had been rejected by the PIO and national park deputy director on the grounds that there was no provision for allowing inspections under the RTI Act. Following this the Chief Information Commissioner NS Napalchyal sought an explanation from the PIO and wrote to the principal chief conservator of forests to ensure that department officers were instructed to facilitate inspection of works.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana prepares a road maintenance policy 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- More transparency in public procurement in Haryana 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Kalpana Chawla Medical College 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- HP Govt approves investor friendly hydro policy 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Govt mulls panel to curb spread of whitefly pest in Punjab 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Bijli Nigam prepares bidding documents to bring transparency 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Congress is `behal’ : SP 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Protect your own country rather eyeing Kashmir : Azad tells Sharif 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- AIPEF to join day-long countrywide strike on September 2 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
This dream of (Pakistan’s) led to the division of their own country; Bangladesh was created. But Pakistan couldn’t take an inch of our land. They should protect what they have.
Getting a five-wicket haul away from sub-continent is something I have worked earnestly towards. and I am really pleased for myself.
Platitudes not backed by meaningful action ring hollow over time. History and the Afghan people will judge leaders of all parties to this conflict by their actual conduct.