- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
State info commission imposes penalty on Rajaji officials
Uttarakhand Information Commission has imposed a penalty of Rs 25,000 on the Rajaji national park deputy director and public information officer HK Singh for not facilitating inspection of work by an activist who had sought information about lantana eradication works in the national park.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi had sought information on four points regarding lantana eradication in lantana under the Right to Information Act in February this year. Appeals were made first to the national park appellate officer and then the State Information Commission as the PIO failed to provide a satisfactory answer to the RTI query.
Under the Act, Maulekhi had requested a chance to inspect the lantana eradication work undertaken in Rajaji which had been rejected by the PIO and national park deputy director on the grounds that there was no provision for allowing inspections under the RTI Act. Following this the Chief Information Commissioner NS Napalchyal sought an explanation from the PIO and wrote to the principal chief conservator of forests to ensure that department officers were instructed to facilitate inspection of works.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Baleswar, M’bhanj bus owners threaten strike 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Fasting Pradip Majhi’s health critical in jail 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Appoint IAS officer as B’pur Varsity VC: Manch 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Now, no-trust move against Anandpur civic body chief 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Students’ bodies hold meet on Higher Education Policy 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sex racket busted in Rourkela; 3 brokers held 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Crocodile attack in Kendrapada 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 28 shop owners evicted from MKCG campus 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Forcible eviction: Cases against Ganjam DM, SBI officials 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Salman’s rape analogy: Problem in diction, not intent 29 Jun 2016 | GURBIR SINGH | in Bhubaneswar
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
Never has any leader made such a historic blunder. If Jawaharlalji had not declared a ceasefire at that time, the Kashmir issue would not have existed.
Actor Govinda is the ultimate Bollywood dancer. I can't see anyone beyond him. I can see him dancing for hours.
It is actually India which is shying away as it knows that it has to discuss Kashmir and other issues on the dialogue table.