- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
State info commission imposes penalty on Rajaji officials
Uttarakhand Information Commission has imposed a penalty of Rs 25,000 on the Rajaji national park deputy director and public information officer HK Singh for not facilitating inspection of work by an activist who had sought information about lantana eradication works in the national park.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi had sought information on four points regarding lantana eradication in lantana under the Right to Information Act in February this year. Appeals were made first to the national park appellate officer and then the State Information Commission as the PIO failed to provide a satisfactory answer to the RTI query.
Under the Act, Maulekhi had requested a chance to inspect the lantana eradication work undertaken in Rajaji which had been rejected by the PIO and national park deputy director on the grounds that there was no provision for allowing inspections under the RTI Act. Following this the Chief Information Commissioner NS Napalchyal sought an explanation from the PIO and wrote to the principal chief conservator of forests to ensure that department officers were instructed to facilitate inspection of works.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Ramesh Jena’s aide Jitu injured in encounter 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pvt school defies Govt closure notice 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mashal Yatra evokes huge response across State 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Young singers enthral audience despite congenital disorders 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rotavirus claims 40% diarrhoea deaths of Indian kids 30 Apr 2016 | ARABINDA MOHANTY | in Bhubaneswar
- Illegal structures near rly workshop razed 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 40% posts in 3 Govt med colleges vacant 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 924 die of kidney failure; 1,484 in AIDS 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subroto Bagchi to head Skill Dev Authority 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 55 industry proposals cleared via SLSWCA 30 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
24 Apr 2016 | Rup Narayan Das
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar’s recent visit to China assumes immense significance in light of the long-standing complex relationship and the security dilemma that exists between the two countries. Political interaction at the higher level is always conducive for strategic trust and communication China is India’s largest neighbour and the two countries share a land border of 3,488 km, which is undemarcated and is known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC)...
While customs and rituals should change in accordance with time, those having faith in the religion should be the ones who decide the matter.
Working with Salman was surreal. I learnt so much by just observing him. He has no starry attitude, he lets his guard down and is playful.
While Islamabad has repeatedly urged Delhi to resume the comprehensive peace process, India has instead signalled it is only interested in talking about terrorism.