- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
State info commission imposes penalty on Rajaji officials
Uttarakhand Information Commission has imposed a penalty of Rs 25,000 on the Rajaji national park deputy director and public information officer HK Singh for not facilitating inspection of work by an activist who had sought information about lantana eradication works in the national park.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi had sought information on four points regarding lantana eradication in lantana under the Right to Information Act in February this year. Appeals were made first to the national park appellate officer and then the State Information Commission as the PIO failed to provide a satisfactory answer to the RTI query.
Under the Act, Maulekhi had requested a chance to inspect the lantana eradication work undertaken in Rajaji which had been rejected by the PIO and national park deputy director on the grounds that there was no provision for allowing inspections under the RTI Act. Following this the Chief Information Commissioner NS Napalchyal sought an explanation from the PIO and wrote to the principal chief conservator of forests to ensure that department officers were instructed to facilitate inspection of works.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- No need for extra funds this fiscal 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- No intention to hurt people of UP & Bihar: Naik 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP fails to improve state’s conditon: Bajpai 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mehrotra files case agst singh 26 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Social activists writes to usaman seeking imp info 26 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Fresh bout of unrest in B'pur Varsity 26 Nov 2015 | KRUSHNA CHANDRA PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Illegal sand lifting rampant in Birupa 26 Nov 2015 | JYOTIRANJAN RAJARAM PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Paradip Port to handle 100 MTPA in 3 years 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Parts of M'giri hit by Maoist bandh 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 19 rare turtles in illegal confinement rescued 26 Nov 2015 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
Hugging Lalu Prasad is not okay. It's good that I left Arvind's company, or else I would also be facing a similar predicament.
Actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Anil Kapoor are doing television. It shows the medium is not small.
Some people are raking up the intolerance issue to thwart our chances of getting permanent membership of UNSC.