- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
State info commission imposes penalty on Rajaji officials
Uttarakhand Information Commission has imposed a penalty of Rs 25,000 on the Rajaji national park deputy director and public information officer HK Singh for not facilitating inspection of work by an activist who had sought information about lantana eradication works in the national park.
People for Animals, Uttarakhand member secretary Gauri Maulekhi had sought information on four points regarding lantana eradication in lantana under the Right to Information Act in February this year. Appeals were made first to the national park appellate officer and then the State Information Commission as the PIO failed to provide a satisfactory answer to the RTI query.
Under the Act, Maulekhi had requested a chance to inspect the lantana eradication work undertaken in Rajaji which had been rejected by the PIO and national park deputy director on the grounds that there was no provision for allowing inspections under the RTI Act. Following this the Chief Information Commissioner NS Napalchyal sought an explanation from the PIO and wrote to the principal chief conservator of forests to ensure that department officers were instructed to facilitate inspection of works.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Stop promoting ‘donkeys of Gujrat’ appeals CM 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Campaigning for forth phase of UP polls ends today 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Political conspiracy to tarnish his image says Prajapati on rape charges 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM openly supporting criminals, rapists: Pathak 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- People will give befitting reply to ‘political terrorism’: Rajendra Chaudhaury 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- IF elected BJP will expedite construction of Ram Temple: Katiyar 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- After three phases of UP polls, it is clear BJP will form Govt: Javedkar 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM polarizing polls on communal lines: Congress 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP seeks judicial probe into poll code violation 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Re-poll at Athagarh booths demanded 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
In the case of both nations, India and Afghanistan, cross-border terrorism is originating from Pakistan which is also patronising it.
I have said goodbye to international cricket. I have played with seriousness and in a professional way for my country.
All of us in America have generally paid for our gas and oil all along. We're not in Iraq to seize anybody's oil or gas.