State on path of export promotion after special Central aid: Kaushik
The Urban Development Minister, Madan Kaushik, represented Uttarakhand in the third meeting of the Council for Trade Development and Promotion at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on Monday.
The meeting was chaired by Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu. Addressing the meeting, Kaushik said that Uttarakhand is on the path of export promotion with qualities unique to it.
He said that Uttarakhand is getting special help from the Union Government for export promotion. Kaushik said that the state has exported goods worth ` 6972 crore till October 2017 this year.
He informed that the state has made special progress in automobile and farming sectors and it has established itself as a leading state for industrial investment. The Minister demanded that the State should get proper consultancy support from the Union Government. He added that the Union Government had recently conducted a logistics performance survey and by it the prospects of increase in exports in the State would get brightened.
Kaushik said that the state government has set up a logistics hub at State Infrastructural and Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand Limited (SIIDCUL), Pantnagar the Government is trying to set up a similar hub at Haridwar. He opined that the exporters would get an added advantage after start of air cargo facility at Dehradun airport.
The minister suggested that an Export Information and promotion centre should be set up in the state so that latest international information is available.The Minister revealed that a plan for finding development avenues for export is being prepared by the State Government.
- INBRIEF 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State health centres bag national award 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JMM call for Opposition unity for ‚Äô19 polls 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Triumphant candidates celebrate, thank voters 21 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | in Ranchi
- BJP retains Mayor, Deputy Mayor posts in RMC 21 Apr 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Polling to be held on May 13 in 18 municipal committees of Haryana 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana orders crop loss assessment exercise 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Three MoUs signed at YMCA's Industrial Conclave 2018 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine more ministers in Punjab Cabinet 21 Apr 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Collapsed bridge on Gangotri highway re-opens 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun