- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
State's tableau selected for Republic Day parade
Uttarakhand's herbs will be displayed in its tableau that will be part of the New Delhi Republic Day Parade on January 26, 2014.
Uttarakhand has been selected as one of the States to present their tableaux on January 26. The theme of medicinal herbs and plants has been selected for the display. A presentation was given by Information Department Assistant Director KS Chauhan before the experts' committee of the Defence Ministry after which Uttarakhand's tableau themed Herbs was selected for the RD Parade in New Delhi.
Chauhan said that prior to this Uttarakhand's tableau in 2010 was based on the Kumbh Mela in Haridwar. The State was not included in the parade from 2010 to 2013. The State has been selected to present its tableau six times since its inception. The themes for the display on Rajpath during the other times were Phooldei in 2003, Nanda Raaj Jaat in 2005, Valley of Flowers in 2006, Corbett National Park in 2007 and adventure tourism in 2009.
This year's theme is based on the herbs and medicinal plants of the State and their production as well as sale. Efforts are being made to publicise the herbs of the State. People from others States will also get to know about the advantages of the herbs of the State. The initial meetings were held on September10, September 24, October 8, November 7-8 and the final meeting on November20, 21. At the final meeting held at the Defence Ministry, 13 out of 27 States were selected.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Power consumers’ body protests load-shedding 11 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3 more dengue patients admitted in MKCG 11 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Two youths get 10-year RI for rape in J’suguda 11 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Postmortem report submitted to police 11 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Engg student drowns in Burla power channel 11 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Jagannath Bastia receives wildlife conservation award 11 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Astarang murder: Accused taken on 4-day remand 11 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Narasinghpur jungles growing Maoist haven 11 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Odisha to produce 100L eggs a day’ 11 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- K’put 14-yr old student killed in road mishap 11 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
11 Oct 2015 | Ananya Borgohain
Pakistan’s former Foreign Minister, Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri, discusses with ANANYA BORGOHAIN the doomed existence that the sordidness between India and Pakistan has created and suggests how the crisis can be mitigated A discourse on the complex relationship between India and Pakistan is beyond the ambit of one book. However, it makes for an engaging and enlightening political rhetoric when an insider furnishes a very relevant purview of the situation...
11 Oct 2015 | PNS | BHUBANESAR
With the Government not taking any step to reduce power cut, the Odisha Rajya Bidut Upabhokta Mahasangha held a mass convention at the Institution of Engineers here on Saturday. Mahasanghha president and former Minister Panchanan Kanungo presided over convention, which was participated by people from different walks of life and leaders from several political the parties...
We are very disturbed over the brutal manner in which an Indian lady has been treated in Saudi Arabia. It's unacceptable.
Guilty in the Dadri killing will be punished, even if I have to risk my Government in Uttar Pradesh for that.
We have to encourage Wall Street to live up to its proper role in our economy, helping Main Street grow and prosper.