- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
State's tableau selected for Republic Day parade
Uttarakhand's herbs will be displayed in its tableau that will be part of the New Delhi Republic Day Parade on January 26, 2014.
Uttarakhand has been selected as one of the States to present their tableaux on January 26. The theme of medicinal herbs and plants has been selected for the display. A presentation was given by Information Department Assistant Director KS Chauhan before the experts' committee of the Defence Ministry after which Uttarakhand's tableau themed Herbs was selected for the RD Parade in New Delhi.
Chauhan said that prior to this Uttarakhand's tableau in 2010 was based on the Kumbh Mela in Haridwar. The State was not included in the parade from 2010 to 2013. The State has been selected to present its tableau six times since its inception. The themes for the display on Rajpath during the other times were Phooldei in 2003, Nanda Raaj Jaat in 2005, Valley of Flowers in 2006, Corbett National Park in 2007 and adventure tourism in 2009.
This year's theme is based on the herbs and medicinal plants of the State and their production as well as sale. Efforts are being made to publicise the herbs of the State. People from others States will also get to know about the advantages of the herbs of the State. The initial meetings were held on September10, September 24, October 8, November 7-8 and the final meeting on November20, 21. At the final meeting held at the Defence Ministry, 13 out of 27 States were selected.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Ramoowalia’s fate is not confirmed yet 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM asks centre to give NOC for over bridge 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt sets up Drought monitoring cell 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to go for alliance with small outfits 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State BJP announces candidates for Bilari, Ghazipur 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Govt still indecisive on repealing Block Grant 29 Apr 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Mere 8% from Odisha qualify for JEE Advanced 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Women own 12,580 MSME units in State 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 195 schools with less than 5 students closed 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Polavaram: NGT gives time to AP to present case 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
24 Apr 2016 | Rup Narayan Das
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar’s recent visit to China assumes immense significance in light of the long-standing complex relationship and the security dilemma that exists between the two countries. Political interaction at the higher level is always conducive for strategic trust and communication China is India’s largest neighbour and the two countries share a land border of 3,488 km, which is undemarcated and is known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC)...
Why is the Prime Minister silent on AgustaWestland scam? First, the BJP spared (Robert) Vadra, now it is protecting the Congress top brass.
I am extremely proud of my rags to riches story, it's fun to be a misfit or an underdog if you acknowledge your gifts and befriend your obstacles.
For the first time I am supporting Salman (Khan) on my belief that what he is doing is right. Instead and alcohol or tobacco, he is promoting sports.