- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
State's tableau selected for Republic Day parade
Uttarakhand's herbs will be displayed in its tableau that will be part of the New Delhi Republic Day Parade on January 26, 2014.
Uttarakhand has been selected as one of the States to present their tableaux on January 26. The theme of medicinal herbs and plants has been selected for the display. A presentation was given by Information Department Assistant Director KS Chauhan before the experts' committee of the Defence Ministry after which Uttarakhand's tableau themed Herbs was selected for the RD Parade in New Delhi.
Chauhan said that prior to this Uttarakhand's tableau in 2010 was based on the Kumbh Mela in Haridwar. The State was not included in the parade from 2010 to 2013. The State has been selected to present its tableau six times since its inception. The themes for the display on Rajpath during the other times were Phooldei in 2003, Nanda Raaj Jaat in 2005, Valley of Flowers in 2006, Corbett National Park in 2007 and adventure tourism in 2009.
This year's theme is based on the herbs and medicinal plants of the State and their production as well as sale. Efforts are being made to publicise the herbs of the State. People from others States will also get to know about the advantages of the herbs of the State. The initial meetings were held on September10, September 24, October 8, November 7-8 and the final meeting on November20, 21. At the final meeting held at the Defence Ministry, 13 out of 27 States were selected.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Upset flat buyers gherao Hi-Tech official in city 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Maoists destroy contractor camp in Rayagada district 29 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘BJD minus Naveen will always remain in my heart as my party’ 29 May 2016 | DEBADAS PRADHAN | in Bhubaneswar
- 54,000 candidates appear for NISER screening test 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Reservation in pvt sectors demanded 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Make ECoR the best rly zone: GM 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 19,000 km roads, 9L houses to be built in 3 years in State 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Menstrual hygiene a challenging job in India 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sex racket busted in city; two held 29 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Unauthorised siding: NGT slaps Rs50 lakh on railway 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
We will present our case for Jat reservation before the court and make all possible efforts to get the stay on the quota vacated.
We carried out a strike against a Taliban leader. We will continue to do whatever needed to protect our forces.
I'd love to debate Bernie (Sanders) on television. It would get very high ratings. It would be in a big arena.