- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
State's tableau selected for Republic Day parade
Uttarakhand's herbs will be displayed in its tableau that will be part of the New Delhi Republic Day Parade on January 26, 2014.
Uttarakhand has been selected as one of the States to present their tableaux on January 26. The theme of medicinal herbs and plants has been selected for the display. A presentation was given by Information Department Assistant Director KS Chauhan before the experts' committee of the Defence Ministry after which Uttarakhand's tableau themed Herbs was selected for the RD Parade in New Delhi.
Chauhan said that prior to this Uttarakhand's tableau in 2010 was based on the Kumbh Mela in Haridwar. The State was not included in the parade from 2010 to 2013. The State has been selected to present its tableau six times since its inception. The themes for the display on Rajpath during the other times were Phooldei in 2003, Nanda Raaj Jaat in 2005, Valley of Flowers in 2006, Corbett National Park in 2007 and adventure tourism in 2009.
This year's theme is based on the herbs and medicinal plants of the State and their production as well as sale. Efforts are being made to publicise the herbs of the State. People from others States will also get to know about the advantages of the herbs of the State. The initial meetings were held on September10, September 24, October 8, November 7-8 and the final meeting on November20, 21. At the final meeting held at the Defence Ministry, 13 out of 27 States were selected.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Students need not to submit their original docu 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Govt, Unicef organises exhibition in Sehore 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Congress ruled country with insensitiveness: BJP 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raisen police nabs three miscreants 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tiranga Yatra will be taken out on the eve of Republic Day 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Gold jewelry, cash burgled worth Rs 2K 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police nabs man for providing forged documents to accused 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Micro nutrients can prevent diseases: Health Secy 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Extension for Bastar, Surguja job reservation 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CRPF’s sniffer dog ‘Pluto’ martyred in IED blast 25 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
The person concerned (Arvind Kejriwal) should have thought on the statements. Everybody is bound by regulations.
The Congress was behind getting casinos to Goa. It is also the father of illegal mining scam in the state of Goa.
I have never been star struck in my life, but only for Jackie Chan. I touched his feet out of respect. I am his crazy and ardent fan.