- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
State's tableau selected for Republic Day parade
Uttarakhand's herbs will be displayed in its tableau that will be part of the New Delhi Republic Day Parade on January 26, 2014.
Uttarakhand has been selected as one of the States to present their tableaux on January 26. The theme of medicinal herbs and plants has been selected for the display. A presentation was given by Information Department Assistant Director KS Chauhan before the experts' committee of the Defence Ministry after which Uttarakhand's tableau themed Herbs was selected for the RD Parade in New Delhi.
Chauhan said that prior to this Uttarakhand's tableau in 2010 was based on the Kumbh Mela in Haridwar. The State was not included in the parade from 2010 to 2013. The State has been selected to present its tableau six times since its inception. The themes for the display on Rajpath during the other times were Phooldei in 2003, Nanda Raaj Jaat in 2005, Valley of Flowers in 2006, Corbett National Park in 2007 and adventure tourism in 2009.
This year's theme is based on the herbs and medicinal plants of the State and their production as well as sale. Efforts are being made to publicise the herbs of the State. People from others States will also get to know about the advantages of the herbs of the State. The initial meetings were held on September10, September 24, October 8, November 7-8 and the final meeting on November20, 21. At the final meeting held at the Defence Ministry, 13 out of 27 States were selected.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana Budget session from Monday likely to be stormy 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal Cabinet approves draft Governor address 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cold conditions persist in the region 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- INLD trying to manufacture a revival in Haryana 26 Feb 2017 | IANS | in Chandigarh
- Jats to hold ‘Black Day’ in Haryana today 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana annouces Rs 50 lakh for martyr's family 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal CM opens International Shivratri fair 26 Feb 2017 | Kishori Lal | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt to finalise excise policy soon 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- PM remark has scared BJD: Dharmendra 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- House stalled over Modi’s ‘Odsha poor’ remark 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
My visit to Rwanda and Uganda was a conscious effort by the Indian Government to intensify interactions with Africa.
Media and social media have done best for small films... Creating buzz about the film without (we) having to invest.
We will hunt down and destroy the Islamic State at its source so that it can no longer threaten our nation or our families.