- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- New Indo-Israeli long-range surface-to-air missile successfully tested
- AAP's Lokpal 'mahajokepal', Bhushan tears into Kejriwal
- Srinagar records coldest night so far, it's freezing in Kashmir
- Pakistan plans reforms in militancy-hit tribal regions
- 3 killed in shooting at family planning centre in Colorado
State's tableau selected for Republic Day parade
Uttarakhand's herbs will be displayed in its tableau that will be part of the New Delhi Republic Day Parade on January 26, 2014.
Uttarakhand has been selected as one of the States to present their tableaux on January 26. The theme of medicinal herbs and plants has been selected for the display. A presentation was given by Information Department Assistant Director KS Chauhan before the experts' committee of the Defence Ministry after which Uttarakhand's tableau themed Herbs was selected for the RD Parade in New Delhi.
Chauhan said that prior to this Uttarakhand's tableau in 2010 was based on the Kumbh Mela in Haridwar. The State was not included in the parade from 2010 to 2013. The State has been selected to present its tableau six times since its inception. The themes for the display on Rajpath during the other times were Phooldei in 2003, Nanda Raaj Jaat in 2005, Valley of Flowers in 2006, Corbett National Park in 2007 and adventure tourism in 2009.
This year's theme is based on the herbs and medicinal plants of the State and their production as well as sale. Efforts are being made to publicise the herbs of the State. People from others States will also get to know about the advantages of the herbs of the State. The initial meetings were held on September10, September 24, October 8, November 7-8 and the final meeting on November20, 21. At the final meeting held at the Defence Ministry, 13 out of 27 States were selected.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- State govt dedicated for boosting talent: CM 28 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM assures help to affected farmers 28 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Up Govt to decelop Hindu shrines 28 Nov 2015 | Preetam Srivastava | in Lucknow
- Truck hits tempo, claims life of 3 28 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- UPCC to carry out more yatras soon 28 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- STF catches Pakistani national 28 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Ranjan nominates 75 nodal officers 28 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Huge scandal in purchase of paddy, says Hooda 28 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Traffic dept issues over 35K challans in Haryana 28 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh to have Appellate Tribunal 28 Nov 2015 | PTI | in Chandigarh
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
Secularism is the most misused word in the country. Because of this, there have been instances of tension in society.
I have done a couple of Hindi films, but I have no plans to shift base anywhere from my State.
All too often, young people are being radicalised in the name of religion to sow discord and fear, and to tear society's fabric.