- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
State's tableau selected for Republic Day parade
Uttarakhand's herbs will be displayed in its tableau that will be part of the New Delhi Republic Day Parade on January 26, 2014.
Uttarakhand has been selected as one of the States to present their tableaux on January 26. The theme of medicinal herbs and plants has been selected for the display. A presentation was given by Information Department Assistant Director KS Chauhan before the experts' committee of the Defence Ministry after which Uttarakhand's tableau themed Herbs was selected for the RD Parade in New Delhi.
Chauhan said that prior to this Uttarakhand's tableau in 2010 was based on the Kumbh Mela in Haridwar. The State was not included in the parade from 2010 to 2013. The State has been selected to present its tableau six times since its inception. The themes for the display on Rajpath during the other times were Phooldei in 2003, Nanda Raaj Jaat in 2005, Valley of Flowers in 2006, Corbett National Park in 2007 and adventure tourism in 2009.
This year's theme is based on the herbs and medicinal plants of the State and their production as well as sale. Efforts are being made to publicise the herbs of the State. People from others States will also get to know about the advantages of the herbs of the State. The initial meetings were held on September10, September 24, October 8, November 7-8 and the final meeting on November20, 21. At the final meeting held at the Defence Ministry, 13 out of 27 States were selected.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- State Govt urged to check jumbo deaths, given tips 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Green nod to cement plant opposed in Jajpur district 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Animesh Biswas is new NITR Director 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mineral transport rates for truckers revised 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nabard sets Rs 10K-cr aid for Odisha 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Poor execution of protective laws: SCs, STs suffer in State 01 Oct 2016 | MANAS JENA | in Bhubaneswar
- Graft slur against Sarpanch; fast held 01 Oct 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Let CBI probe cases against Ramesh Jena, says Cong 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- N’garh cracker blast: STF begins probe 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 6,263 teachers’ posts still vacant in high schools 01 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Devendra Fadnavis fights like women, the way they do over water taps. I have not seen a more short-tempered Chief Minister.
We start with an assumption that all we want is recognition. I don't work for recognition. It's love for the craft (of acting).
India-Pakistan confrontation can lead to a disaster of epic proportions for Jammu & Kashmir Escalations must be avoided.