Swine flu spurts in valley, 121 cases found positive
Doon valley has come under the grip of unseasonal swine flu. On Wednesday, eleven new cases of the disease were reported by Health Department.With them the number of people affected by dreaded H1N1 virus this season has reached to 131.
The district-in-charge of integrated disease surveillance programme (IDSP), Dr Puneet Chandra said 11 cases were found positive on the day while samples of seven patients proved negative.
Dr Chandra said 121 cases have been found positive by the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) in this year and out of them 69 are from Dehradun, 26 are from other districts of the state and 15 are from other states.
He said that 63 patients suspected to be suffering from the disease are at present undergoing treatment in different hospitals of Dehradun.
Out of them, 35 patients are admitted in Himalayan Institute Hospital Trust (HIHT), eight in Vaish, seven in Max, five in Mahant Indiresh and four each in Synergy and associated hospital of Government Doon Medical College (GDMC).
He further informed that the department has sent samples of 38 suspected patients to the NCDC for test of H1N1 this month but reports of 34 are yet to arrive.
Interestingly, all the four reports received so far of the samples sent this month have been found positive. So far 16 patients have succumbed to swine flu so far out of which eleven are from Dehradun; two belonged to Pauri while one each belong to Haridwar and Uttarkashi.
The spurt in the number of H1 N1 affected people during this time of the year has surprised the experts. The disease usually spreads during winter season.
They are of the view that the erratic weather conditions due to which sudden fall in the temperature occurs is responsible for spread of the H1N1 virus.
- Tully, Tagore to grace maiden literary fest 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Reshuffle in MP: Narhari is CPR 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM transfers ‚ÄėBhavantar' amount to 1.35L farmers' a/c 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Don‚Äôt overlook interests of public, Guv to legislators 23 Nov 2017 | SANJEEV JHA | in Ranchi
- 5-yr jail, Rs 4 lakh fine for ex-CS Sajal Chakraborty 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lamhe-2017 to give chance to show talent 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Gov focus on curbing malnutrition remarkable: Forsyth 23 Nov 2017 | PRANAV PRATYUSH | in Ranchi
- Tata trusts on Mission 2020 for rural entrepreneurship 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Traffic police begin exercise to ease city arteries 23 Nov 2017 | PRAGYAPALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Working on secret plans: JPCC chief 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi