- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Traffic plan announced for Kaichi Dham festival
In view of the approaching Kaichi Dham festival during which a large number of people might throng Bhowali in Nanital district on June 15, Senior Superintendent of police Nainital Janmajaya Khanduri announced traffic diversion meant to keep traffic smooth on the day.
Khanduri released the traffic plan on Tuesday and said that heavy vehicles, passenger vehicles and private vehicles going from Almora to Pithoragarh would move through Kuthani turning point, Padmpuri, Pokharaad, Kashyalekh, Sheetla, Muna-Lavashal from Kawarb .
The heavy vehicles going from Nainital to Almora and Pithoragarh would pass through the Khutani band. The heavy vehicles and the private vehicles coming from Almora/ Pithoragarh would further go from Kawarb to Lavashal Muna, Sheetla, Padampuri from Khataan Band from 5 am to Dhiman Band. Passengers' vehicles coming from Ranikhet and from Haldwani to Ranikhet would be diverted from Bhowali to Khairana. Two-wheelers coming from Nainital would be parked at Mushroom Center near Bhowali. The shuttle service would operate from the forest rest house. Two-wheelers coming to Bhimtal would get parked in the municipal ground at Bhowali. Shuttle service operational from Til Bhawali would also operate from Bhowali intersection, SSP said.
The two-wheelers coming from Khairna would be parked near the petrol pump at Khairna, the SSP said, adding that private vehicles from Bhowali to Shekhar would be parked on Haripada Road from where the shuttle service would run from the main road. The shuttle service from Bhowali would go back to the forest rest house.
SSP warned that strict action would be taken against the vehicles to be found on the wrong side of the traffic rules. “We would take stern action according to the law if any vehicle is to be found overloading and over- speeding. Besides, those to be found as indulging in drunk driving and those found riding two-wheelers without helmets would be penalised too as per the traffic rule,” he asserted.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun