U-turn: Edu Dept plans to use phones in schools
In a sort of complete U- turn, the state Government is now planning to use the mobile phone for ensuring the attendance of teachers after having banned it in the schools.
To make sure that the teachers are regularly coming to the schools, the state education department would soon install a system of real time attendance in all its schools. After the implementation of this system, teachers would not be able to bunk their duties.
The education department has developed a software (Ujjwal) in which the mobile phones of all the teachers would be linked with a central server. After installation of this software every teacher would be provided with an ID.
On his arrival in the school the teachers would have to put their thumb impression on the screen of the phone this will click a selfie of the teacher. This data would be uploaded on the central server which will even monitor the movement of teacher. At the end of the school time teachers would again put their thumb on the mobile screen and the time of their signing off would be recorded.
The education minister Arvind Pandey said that the installation of this system would save the cost of placing biometric attendance system in all the schools.
Interestingly shortly after assuming charge, education minister Arvind Pandey had directed that teachers should not carry mobile phones in the schools.
The minister gave this order on receipt of complaints that instead of teaching students many teachers remain busy on their smart phones while they are in the schools.
This order was resented by the teachers on the issue of their security after which department clarified that teacher can take their phones to the schools but would keep them in switch off mode.
When asked to comment on this contradiction on mobile phones, Pandey said that after marking their attendance the students can switch off their phones.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun