Uttarakhand to host 67th National Boxing tourney
Uttarakhand would host the 67th National Boxing Under-17 (boys and girls) event of the School Games Federation of India (SGFI) from December 4 to 8. The Sports and Education Minister, Arvind Pandey presided over a meeting held to review the preparation for the event at state Secretariat on Tuesday.
In the meeting the Minister told the officials that they should complete all the arrangements in time so that the event is held in a smooth manner.
Sports Secretary, Bhupinder Kaur Olakh informed the Minister that about 800 students from 32 states would participate in the event. Pandey said that the proper boarding and lodging arrangements for the
participants, members of technical and official staff should be made.
It was suggested that the Rangers college hostel, MKP inter college, Gandhi inter college, Government Girls Inter College (GGIC), CNI Inter college, DAV Inter college and Rajiv Gandhi Navodaya Vidhyalaya would be used for this purpose.
The Minister directed the transport department officials to provide transport facility for the event.
He also asked the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Dehradun to provide a team of doctors and ambulance during the competition. Minister Arvind Pandey stressed on inter departmental coordination for the success of the event.
He advocated for help of private organisations for the event and directed the officials not to be extravagant. Interestingly the Minister curtailed the budget of the event substantially by suggesting alternative measures.
The Minister congratulated Pawan Gurung a student of Sports College for selection in Indian Boxing team.
The meeting was attended by Additional Secretary Vimmi Sachdeva, Director Education RK Kunwar, ADM Arvind Pandey, Additional Director (AD) RK Uniyal, AD Virendra Singh Rawat, Additional Project Director Sarva Shiksha Abhiyal Mukul Kumar Sati, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Dr Y S Thapliyal, Deputy Director Sports Dharmendra Bhatt and others were present in the meeting.
- UTC to use 180 buses to ferry Yoga participants 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Implement transfer act properly, says CS 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- INBRIEF 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stage set for World Yoga Day celebrations 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lac producers to get new lease of life 21 Jun 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- Guv distributes Cryo machines at Santhal Pargana 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minister opens online checkpost 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM pushes for doubling farm income in State 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM Das‚Äô land loot barb against Sorens 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CAIT team thanks CM for providing relief in E-Way Bill 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur