- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
WIC India announces 3rd edition of DCLF
Noted authors and speakers including Bilal Siddiqui, Sambit Patra and Shaurya Doval among others will be addressing the gathering at the third Doon Community Literature Festival (DCLF). The World Integrity Centre (WIC) India, The World Integrity Foundation and the Howard Club of India announced DCLF 2018 here on Monday.
Addressing the media at the Press Club, the WIC public relations head Zabeel Mohammed said, “The three-day literature festival will commence from April 19 and will conclude on April 21. DCLF is Uttarakhand’s largest literature festival that is happening consecutively for the third year now. The literature festival will also witness themed based street plays and performances by various bands.”
He further said, “The third edition of DCLF will feature eminent speakers, authors, noted personalities and artists from all over the country. Renowned authors and speakers including Meir Shalev, Bilal Siddiqui, Devdutt Pattanaik, Ravinder Singh, Pinky Anand, Sambit Patra, Shaurya Doval, Rishi Suri and Qazi Nizamuddin will be participating in the three-day literature festival,” he said.
Addressing the media on the occasion, the programmes and experiences head Manisha Dogra said, “The festival will witness debate and discussions on several topics including ‘Thinking on Paper: Youth and the Significance of Writing’, ‘Literature Beyond Borders’, ‘The Unending Chase: Tabloids versus Tablets’ and ‘Dilli Deewanoki: Recalling Great Poets of Delhi’ among others topics. The literature festival has also been receiving considerable support from the community in Dehradun,” she added.
According to the WIC managing director Sachin Upadhayay, “For the past two years now, WIC has been holding the Dehradun Community Literature Festival. The literature festival aims to provide an environment to the new generation of the city.
This helps them to understand, retain and imbibe virtues of history, art and culture.”
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun