- Kerala tribal youth beaten to death by lynch mob
- Modi greets Trudeau with hug at ceremonial reception
- AAP vs Chief Secy: Police team at CM's residence
- PNB fraud: ED freezes deposits, shares worth Rs 44cr of Nirav Modi group
- Trump admin makes H1-B visa approval tough; Indian firms to be impacted
- Sunanda Pushkar death: SC notice to Delhi Police on Swamy's plea for SIT probe
- Australian Deputy PM resigns amid sexual harassment claim
- Parrikar discharged from Mumbai hospital
- SC asks if Kerala HC was justified in annulling Hadiya's marriage
- Canada High Commission cancels dinner invite to Khalistan terrorist
- PNB fraud: ED seizes luxury cars, more assets of Modi, Choksi
Youths will get loan easily: Min
In order to mitigate migration from the mountainous regions of the State, loans should be provided through the Uttarakhand Multi Purpose Finance Development Corporation to the youth to facilitate for self employment. The State Transport, Social Welfare, Border Area Development and Backward Area Development Minister Yashpal Arya said this while addressing officials in a meeting of the Uttarakhand Multi Purpose Finance Development Corporation here on Wednesday.
The Min directed the officials that loans should be facilitated to the youth for self employment in organic farming, pisciculture, floriculture, computer training and beauty parlour business. Stressing on the importance of publicity of this task, the Minister said that relevant information about schemes should be provided in open public meets, Tehsil Diwas and the Block Development Committee meeting. Loan fairs should also be organised towards meeting the Govt’s aim of facilitating self employment for the youth.
Transparency should also be ensured in the loan distributions fairs, stressed the Minister. Arya further said that the distribution of loan should not be a low-key affair. The loans should be distributed to the intended beneficiaries in loan fairs and multipurpose camps. Loan fairs must be organised in each of the State’s 13 districts. Such businesses should be selected during the loan fairs, for which there is demand in the market.
Arya also directed the officials to provide within 10 days a list containing information about the beneficiaries, the loan provided to them and the head under which it was provided to them during the past three years.
Loans amounting to ` 125 crore in total have been distributed till date. Out of this amount `26 cr has been recovered so far. Expressing dissatisfaction at this, the Min directed the secretary concerned to conduct an inquiry into the procedure adopted for selection of the beneficiaries.
He warned that the onus of the official concerned will be ascertained if the recovery of loans is not improved. The U’khand Multi Purpose Finance Development Corporation managing director V Shanmugam and district level officials were also among those present in the meeting.
- Inbrief 24 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav to be held on Feb 24, 25 24 Feb 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Kathak dance with Dhrupad music witnessed at Bhopal 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Grand award ceremony held at multi-art centre 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Turmali play staged at Tribal Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Welfare, hostel scheme implemented to make foodgrain available 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Teesri Kasam movie screened at Dhusyant Kumar Memorial Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Ujaas 2018 begins at Anand Vihar College for women 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies, met with accident on Feb 17 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- SCR Manufactures 100th AC EMU Set 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal