- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
FFI bats for addressing malnutrition in Haryana
Food Fortification Initiative (FFI) would provide full technical support to address the issue of malnutrition in Haryana.
Director, FFI, Scott Montgomery, who called on Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal at his residence on Thursday assured his assistance and discussed various issues concerning malnutrition.
Scott said that the FFI would also help in engaging corporate social responsibility support for Haryana.
The Chief Minister appreciated the functioning of FFI and said that the Government would provide full support to the initiatives of FFI in Haryana.
As per the National Family Health Survey – 4 (NFHS), more than 60 percent population of pre-school children and women are anaemic in Haryana. Also, 55 percent pregnant women in the state have anaemia.
The survey released by Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has revealed that 72.9 percent children (6-59 months) have anaemia while 62.7 percent women (age 15-49) are anaemic in the state. It stated that 55 percent pregnant women including 58.1 percent in rural areas and 50.2 percent in urban Haryana are found to be anaemic.
Also, 34 percent children (under five years of age) are stunted (height for age) in Haryana. The number of wasted children has increased from 19.1 percent (NFHS-3, 2005-06) to 21.2 percent in 2015-16. Of all under-five children in Haryana, one in every three is underweight with the percentage of underweight children at 29.4 in 2015-16.
- CM carries out minor reshuffle 25 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Complete ban on illegal transport and animals slaughter : Govt 25 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP national executive meet today 25 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM orders biometric attendance for employees 25 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Anti-Romeo campaign goes overboard: Reports 25 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP and BSP leaders meets CM 25 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Miscreants attack minister’s motorcade in Assembly constituency of Bahraich 25 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UPCC advocates BJP to name candidates for CM, Dy-CM Parliamentary constituencies 25 Mar 2017 | Preetam Srivastava | in Lucknow
- GRP arrests two from Unchahar in forced acid gulp down case 25 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Following CM footsteps, animal husbandry minister cleans his office 25 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow