- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
FFI bats for addressing malnutrition in Haryana
Food Fortification Initiative (FFI) would provide full technical support to address the issue of malnutrition in Haryana.
Director, FFI, Scott Montgomery, who called on Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal at his residence on Thursday assured his assistance and discussed various issues concerning malnutrition.
Scott said that the FFI would also help in engaging corporate social responsibility support for Haryana.
The Chief Minister appreciated the functioning of FFI and said that the Government would provide full support to the initiatives of FFI in Haryana.
As per the National Family Health Survey – 4 (NFHS), more than 60 percent population of pre-school children and women are anaemic in Haryana. Also, 55 percent pregnant women in the state have anaemia.
The survey released by Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has revealed that 72.9 percent children (6-59 months) have anaemia while 62.7 percent women (age 15-49) are anaemic in the state. It stated that 55 percent pregnant women including 58.1 percent in rural areas and 50.2 percent in urban Haryana are found to be anaemic.
Also, 34 percent children (under five years of age) are stunted (height for age) in Haryana. The number of wasted children has increased from 19.1 percent (NFHS-3, 2005-06) to 21.2 percent in 2015-16. Of all under-five children in Haryana, one in every three is underweight with the percentage of underweight children at 29.4 in 2015-16.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar