- Chidambaram attacks TN Speaker for disqualifying 18 MLAs
- US resumes premium processing of H-1B visas
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Intolerance, unemployment key issues facing India: Rahul Gandhi
- India seeks probe into nuclear proliferation links between Pak, N Korea
- Suu Kyi appeals to global community over Rohingya crisis
FFI bats for addressing malnutrition in Haryana
Food Fortification Initiative (FFI) would provide full technical support to address the issue of malnutrition in Haryana.
Director, FFI, Scott Montgomery, who called on Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal at his residence on Thursday assured his assistance and discussed various issues concerning malnutrition.
Scott said that the FFI would also help in engaging corporate social responsibility support for Haryana.
The Chief Minister appreciated the functioning of FFI and said that the Government would provide full support to the initiatives of FFI in Haryana.
As per the National Family Health Survey – 4 (NFHS), more than 60 percent population of pre-school children and women are anaemic in Haryana. Also, 55 percent pregnant women in the state have anaemia.
The survey released by Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has revealed that 72.9 percent children (6-59 months) have anaemia while 62.7 percent women (age 15-49) are anaemic in the state. It stated that 55 percent pregnant women including 58.1 percent in rural areas and 50.2 percent in urban Haryana are found to be anaemic.
Also, 34 percent children (under five years of age) are stunted (height for age) in Haryana. The number of wasted children has increased from 19.1 percent (NFHS-3, 2005-06) to 21.2 percent in 2015-16. Of all under-five children in Haryana, one in every three is underweight with the percentage of underweight children at 29.4 in 2015-16.
- In brief. 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Sinha discusses Oral Tradition, historiography 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Excursion scheme to amplify students‚Äô vision: CM 19 Sep 2017 | Pragya Pallavi | in Ranchi
- Marandi raps Govt over Shah visit, mining lease 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 8.56 crore saplings planted in 3 yrs: Dept 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt for special care to multiply tigers 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Now, Master Control Rooms to solve even water supply issues 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SAIL supplies 85K tonnes of steel for Sardar Sarovar 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Water level rises in Tenughat reservoir, warning issued 19 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi