- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
Forest clearance to be sought for road widening
The Chhattisgarh Road Development Corportion Ltd will be seeking necessary forest clearances for widening of Raigarh-Punjipatara-Gharghoda-Patthalgaon road , officials informed.
A total of 6372 rural roads measuring 26,815 kms had been prepared in Chhattisgarh so far involving an expenditure of Rs7880 crore under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) during the current financial year so far.
This was informed by officials in the State-level Permanent Committee meeting of Chhattisgarh Rural Roads Development Authority chaired by Chief Secretary Vivek Dhand at the Mantrlaya on Saturday.
A total of 6697 rural roads had been approved by the Central Government measuring 29,562 kms under PMGSY.
A total of 105 new roads would be constructed in various districts of Chhattisgarh under batch-II of the project work under PPMGSY, officials informed.
It may be recalled that the worst insurgency infested districts of Chhattisgarh would be able to further provide a boost to rural road connectivity work with the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approving a Centrally Sponsored Scheme namely "Road Connectivity Project for Left Wing Extremism (LWE) Affected Areas".
The project is aimed at improving the rural road connectivity in the worst LWE affected districts from security angle, officials informed.
The project will be implemented as a vertical under PMGSY to provide connectivity with necessary culverts and cross-drainage structures in 44 worst affected LWE districts and adjoining districts in the country, critical from security and communication point of view. The roads will be operable throughout the year irrespective of all weather conditions.
Under the project, construction/upgradation of 5,411.81 km road and 126 bridges/Cross Drainage works will be taken up at an estimated cost of Rs11,724.53 crore in the above district.
The fund sharing pattern of LWE road project will be same as that of PMGSY i.e. in the ratio of 60:40 between the Centre and States for all States except for eight North Eastern and three Himalayan States (Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand) for which it is 90:10.
The Union Ministry of Finance will have to allocate to Union Ministry of Rural Development Rs7,034.72 crore for this project during the period of implementation 2016-17 to 2019-20.
The Union Ministry of Rural Development will be the sponsoring Ministry as well as the implementing Ministry of this project. The likely duration of implementation of the project is four years from 2016-17 to 2019-20.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun