Forest clearance to be sought for road widening
The Chhattisgarh Road Development Corportion Ltd will be seeking necessary forest clearances for widening of Raigarh-Punjipatara-Gharghoda-Patthalgaon road , officials informed.
A total of 6372 rural roads measuring 26,815 kms had been prepared in Chhattisgarh so far involving an expenditure of Rs7880 crore under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) during the current financial year so far.
This was informed by officials in the State-level Permanent Committee meeting of Chhattisgarh Rural Roads Development Authority chaired by Chief Secretary Vivek Dhand at the Mantrlaya on Saturday.
A total of 6697 rural roads had been approved by the Central Government measuring 29,562 kms under PMGSY.
A total of 105 new roads would be constructed in various districts of Chhattisgarh under batch-II of the project work under PPMGSY, officials informed.
It may be recalled that the worst insurgency infested districts of Chhattisgarh would be able to further provide a boost to rural road connectivity work with the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approving a Centrally Sponsored Scheme namely "Road Connectivity Project for Left Wing Extremism (LWE) Affected Areas".
The project is aimed at improving the rural road connectivity in the worst LWE affected districts from security angle, officials informed.
The project will be implemented as a vertical under PMGSY to provide connectivity with necessary culverts and cross-drainage structures in 44 worst affected LWE districts and adjoining districts in the country, critical from security and communication point of view. The roads will be operable throughout the year irrespective of all weather conditions.
Under the project, construction/upgradation of 5,411.81 km road and 126 bridges/Cross Drainage works will be taken up at an estimated cost of Rs11,724.53 crore in the above district.
The fund sharing pattern of LWE road project will be same as that of PMGSY i.e. in the ratio of 60:40 between the Centre and States for all States except for eight North Eastern and three Himalayan States (Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand) for which it is 90:10.
The Union Ministry of Finance will have to allocate to Union Ministry of Rural Development Rs7,034.72 crore for this project during the period of implementation 2016-17 to 2019-20.
The Union Ministry of Rural Development will be the sponsoring Ministry as well as the implementing Ministry of this project. The likely duration of implementation of the project is four years from 2016-17 to 2019-20.
- Youth kills himself after money dispute with father 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Furniture gutted in Peergate fire 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MP Govt to award singing maestros 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Month-long theatre workshop to be held at srijan bhavan 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BHEL Bhopal bags best productive unit of the year award 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 21 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- #MeToo: New internet buzz in Bhopal 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MP livelihood mission empowers women 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PTR officials gift tourists on Diwali 21 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Teen boy killed at Bagbera, 1 held 21 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi