- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
Girl alleges molestation by conductor in bus
After a woman scribe was molested in a private bus by a co-passenger in a bus from Kendrapada to Bhubaneswar a couple of months ago, another girl has now alleged that she was molested by a conductor in a bus from Cuttack to the capital city.
The shocking incident came to the fore after the girl posted her ordeal on Facebook. However, unlike the previous victim, she did not keep quite to suffer the humiliation. Instead, the courageous girl gave a tight slap to the conductor much to the delight of the other passengers.
In her Facebook post, the girl wrote that the incident occurred when she was travelling back to Bhubaneswar from Cuttack on June 18. “After waiting for bus for a long time at Badambadi bus stand, I had boarded a bus that was already jam packed. There was no space to stand properly inside the bus,” said the girl in her post.
She stated further the conductor was touching the other girls indecently on the guise of making space in the crowded bus. ‘’I got livid with rage when the conductor intentionally tried to touch me in the same manner and I slapped him,’’ the girl stated in her post.
However, Commissioner of Police YB Khurania said action would be initiated if the victim lodges a complaint. “In such incidents, apart from social media, information should also be passed to the local police so that action can be taken. We will check the social media and look what action can be taken,” said Khurania.
- Various events mark Swacchta Bharat Mission programme 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IGRMS holds demo of traditional iron smelting 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies and four others injured in fire mishap 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Laxmi Automobiles organises Khushiyan Har Aangan 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mayawati targets BJP Govt 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- inbrief 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Loktantra Senanis to carry out march on October 2 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ujjawala Yojana transformed lives of poor: CM 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Inner Wheel Club organises Dandiya night 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Colleges will remain close today in state 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow