- Modi flashes victory sign as BJP close to winning Gujarat, Himachal
- Poll results approval of Modi govt's policies: Rajnath Singh
- 12 killed in fire at a shop in Mumbai
- BJP poised to take power in Himachal
- After early hiccups, BJP set to retain power in Gujarat
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN
- DRDO has key role in 'Make in India' programme: Sitharaman
- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP
Govt to bring organic farming act soon
Uttarakhand would be the focus state in the upcoming World Food India 2017. A road show to promote the mega event to be held in November was organised in Dehradun on Friday.
The roadshow was organised by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Government of India, in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), to invite Uttarakhand based industrialists to participate in World Food India 2017.
Speaking on the occasion, the Additional Chief Secretary, Uttarakhand, Dr Ranbir Singh said that the State has taken up many reforms like marketing of processed food, rules for contract farming and setting up private Mandis. These measures are expected to double the income of farmers, he opined.
The ACS said that the State Government would soon bring an organic farming act to promote organic farming in the state. He informed that the state government has decided that the licenses for industrial hemp can be distributed by the District Magistrates. The ACS further added that the World Food India is a unique opportunity for the food processing industry and it will provide the ideal platform to connect with the all key stakeholders.
The Joint Secretary, MoFPI, Parag Gupta said,“The World Food India 2017 would be the golden opportunity for every business related to food processing as it will bring all stakeholders of the ecosystem together, showcase our strengths and explore collaboration opportunities. The food processing industry has huge scope to grow in India. Currently, only 10 percent of produce is processed in India and this can be leveraged through food processing and the wastage of food can be reduced to help the farmers and industry.”
He said that though India is leading producer of milk and many agro- horticulture products but lack of processing and cold storage facilities, food products worth 1 Lakh crore are wasted every year in our country. He added that the India has potential to be the food basket of the world.
Gupta said that the Government has launched Kisan Sampada scheme to benefit the farmers and food processing Industry. The scheme has an allocation of Rs 6,000 crore to supplement agriculture, modernise processing and decrease wastage post-harvest, he said.
The Principal Secretary, MSME and Industries, Uttarakhand, Manisha Panwar said that has shown remarkable growth from the year 2004-05 to 2016-16. She claimed that Uttarakhand has a vast opportunity in food processing sector and the state produces. “Uttarakhand has made large strides in the food processing sector and the state’s policy and regulation has made it easier for investors for doing business in the state. The state government has done very well in Ease of Doing Business. It has now ranked 9th in India from 23rd place earlier,” she said.
More than 200 business persons and industrialist attended the World Food India roadshow on the day.
World Food India 2017
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries in collaboration with the Confederation Indian Industry (CII), is organizing a mega event World Food India in New Delhi from November 3 to 5 this year. The event will be the largest gathering of investors, manufacturers, producers, food processors, policy makers, and organizations from the global food ecosystem. The organizers claimed that it will provide opportunities for both investment and trade in the food processing sector for both domestic and international companies.
- Police probing from different angles in dead bodies‚Äô case 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PRSI wins award 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Free cataract operation held at Arogyam Hospital 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Workshop on MGNREGA audit organised 18 Dec 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Chakardharpur wins football tournament 18 Dec 2017 | VINOD PRASAD | in Ranchi
- MGM embarks on cleanliness drive 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lankan Anura Rohana sweeps 16th Tata Open 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jamshedpur Carnival to kick start today 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kobad Ghandy rearrested days after release from bail 18 Dec 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Youths participate in Dehradun Half Marathon in large number 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun