- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Govt to bring organic farming act soon
Uttarakhand would be the focus state in the upcoming World Food India 2017. A road show to promote the mega event to be held in November was organised in Dehradun on Friday.
The roadshow was organised by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Government of India, in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), to invite Uttarakhand based industrialists to participate in World Food India 2017.
Speaking on the occasion, the Additional Chief Secretary, Uttarakhand, Dr Ranbir Singh said that the State has taken up many reforms like marketing of processed food, rules for contract farming and setting up private Mandis. These measures are expected to double the income of farmers, he opined.
The ACS said that the State Government would soon bring an organic farming act to promote organic farming in the state. He informed that the state government has decided that the licenses for industrial hemp can be distributed by the District Magistrates. The ACS further added that the World Food India is a unique opportunity for the food processing industry and it will provide the ideal platform to connect with the all key stakeholders.
The Joint Secretary, MoFPI, Parag Gupta said,“The World Food India 2017 would be the golden opportunity for every business related to food processing as it will bring all stakeholders of the ecosystem together, showcase our strengths and explore collaboration opportunities. The food processing industry has huge scope to grow in India. Currently, only 10 percent of produce is processed in India and this can be leveraged through food processing and the wastage of food can be reduced to help the farmers and industry.”
He said that though India is leading producer of milk and many agro- horticulture products but lack of processing and cold storage facilities, food products worth 1 Lakh crore are wasted every year in our country. He added that the India has potential to be the food basket of the world.
Gupta said that the Government has launched Kisan Sampada scheme to benefit the farmers and food processing Industry. The scheme has an allocation of Rs 6,000 crore to supplement agriculture, modernise processing and decrease wastage post-harvest, he said.
The Principal Secretary, MSME and Industries, Uttarakhand, Manisha Panwar said that has shown remarkable growth from the year 2004-05 to 2016-16. She claimed that Uttarakhand has a vast opportunity in food processing sector and the state produces. “Uttarakhand has made large strides in the food processing sector and the state’s policy and regulation has made it easier for investors for doing business in the state. The state government has done very well in Ease of Doing Business. It has now ranked 9th in India from 23rd place earlier,” she said.
More than 200 business persons and industrialist attended the World Food India roadshow on the day.
World Food India 2017
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries in collaboration with the Confederation Indian Industry (CII), is organizing a mega event World Food India in New Delhi from November 3 to 5 this year. The event will be the largest gathering of investors, manufacturers, producers, food processors, policy makers, and organizations from the global food ecosystem. The organizers claimed that it will provide opportunities for both investment and trade in the food processing sector for both domestic and international companies.
- Chouhan to return from US on Oct 28 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Martyrs' kin to get Rs 1 cr 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Statue of CISF official unveiled at BHEL 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hridya Drishyam a hit on Day 1 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 1 dead, 1 injured as bus hits bike 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bhai Dooj: Women protest at Central Jail 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- State's boy to lead India in 7th Sultan Johar Cup 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 22 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Poppy husk worth Rs 3.51 cr seized, 3 arrested 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Steps taken to ensure safety of tourists during Jal-Mahotsava 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal