GSECL starts process to set up supercritical power plant units
Gujarat State Electricity Corporation (GSCEL) will get a feasibility study done besides preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) to establish super-critical units at Pithead near Gare Pelma Sector-I Coal Block in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh, officials informed here on Saturday.
The swapping of 1.3 million tonnes (MT) coal linkage between Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Ltd (GSECL) and NTPC’s Sipat Thermal Power Plant (TPP) in Bilaspur district of Chhattisgarh has already been implemented with annual potential savings of Rs458 crore to GSECL, the Central Government has informed.
Presently, coal is supplied to GSECL against swapped quantities at the notified price of Western Coalfields Ltd (WCL). The terms and conditions of rationalisation of coal linkage like swapping at mine and port etc. are mutually agreed between NTPC and GSECL.
The provision of Third party sampling and analysis at the loading end is available and the Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research (CIMFR) is the third party for sampling and analysis.
The sampling process includes the number of samples, timelimit for analysis of samples and Referee sample analysis. Both the coal company and the coal consumer power utility equally share the cost of sampling and analysis at the loading end.
Meanwhile, the Inter-Ministerial Task Force has recommended shifting of coal linkage of Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Ltd (GSECL) of about 1.2 Million Tonne from South Eastern Coalfields Limited (SECL) to Western Coalfields Limited (WCL), leading to annual savings in transportation cost of about Rs100 crore to GSECL.
Notably, SECL is targetting total coal production of 250 million tonnes (MT) from its underground and open cast mines by 2019-20, officials stated.
The company recorded coal production (provisional) of 12.10 million tonnes (MT) against target of 11.70 MT as on February 2016, Coal India Ltd (CIL) informed the Bombay Stock Exchange in
Notably, the Coal India Ltd is targetting production of 1 billion tonnes of coal by 2020. Wagon availability will be a key factor for achieving this target by Coal India Ltd, officials stated.
The Central Government has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding each with the States of Odisha, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh for critical coal connectivity projects to improve transportation of coal, officials informed.
NTPC Sipat and Korba stations in Chhattisgarh have informed SECL earlier that they have stopped taking imported coal with the use of higher grade coal sourced from SECL's Koriya-Rewa mining belt, officials stated.
The specific consumption of coal by the two thermal power stations has been reduced by 2% to 3% by substituting imported coal with Koriya-Rewa coal, they stated.
Notably, the South East Central Sector which includes Chhattisgarh is also set to play a key role in Central Government’s ambitious coal loading and transportation plans.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed recently between Ministry of Railways and Coal India Limited (CIL) which will lead to procurement of 2000 wagons (33 rakes) in the first outgo, officials stated.
The agreement which will result into speedy supply of wagons for coal loading in dedicated circuits.
Initially, the rakes will be inducted and run in the 2 main coal loading Zones of Indian Railways i.e South East Central coal sector and East Coast circuit.
- 14 minor bridges proposed over Mandirhasaud-Kendri rly line 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to fulfil PM’s ‘Smart City’ dream: Amar 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Summer camp of Mount Fort Academy draws good response 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon police chalks out traffic plan ahead of Passing- out- Parade at IMA on May 26 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Officers inspect arrangements made for pilgrimage at Rishikesh 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PM inquires about status of Deoband-Roorkee rail project 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cesu manager’s assets worth Rs 1.2 crore traced 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Baleswar DM takes stock of flood preparedness 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Vig holds meet on investigation for officers 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Two held; bikes, bombs seized 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar