GSECL starts process to set up supercritical power plant units
Gujarat State Electricity Corporation (GSCEL) will get a feasibility study done besides preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) to establish super-critical units at Pithead near Gare Pelma Sector-I Coal Block in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh, officials informed here on Saturday.
The swapping of 1.3 million tonnes (MT) coal linkage between Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Ltd (GSECL) and NTPC’s Sipat Thermal Power Plant (TPP) in Bilaspur district of Chhattisgarh has already been implemented with annual potential savings of Rs458 crore to GSECL, the Central Government has informed.
Presently, coal is supplied to GSECL against swapped quantities at the notified price of Western Coalfields Ltd (WCL). The terms and conditions of rationalisation of coal linkage like swapping at mine and port etc. are mutually agreed between NTPC and GSECL.
The provision of Third party sampling and analysis at the loading end is available and the Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research (CIMFR) is the third party for sampling and analysis.
The sampling process includes the number of samples, timelimit for analysis of samples and Referee sample analysis. Both the coal company and the coal consumer power utility equally share the cost of sampling and analysis at the loading end.
Meanwhile, the Inter-Ministerial Task Force has recommended shifting of coal linkage of Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Ltd (GSECL) of about 1.2 Million Tonne from South Eastern Coalfields Limited (SECL) to Western Coalfields Limited (WCL), leading to annual savings in transportation cost of about Rs100 crore to GSECL.
Notably, SECL is targetting total coal production of 250 million tonnes (MT) from its underground and open cast mines by 2019-20, officials stated.
The company recorded coal production (provisional) of 12.10 million tonnes (MT) against target of 11.70 MT as on February 2016, Coal India Ltd (CIL) informed the Bombay Stock Exchange in
Notably, the Coal India Ltd is targetting production of 1 billion tonnes of coal by 2020. Wagon availability will be a key factor for achieving this target by Coal India Ltd, officials stated.
The Central Government has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding each with the States of Odisha, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh for critical coal connectivity projects to improve transportation of coal, officials informed.
NTPC Sipat and Korba stations in Chhattisgarh have informed SECL earlier that they have stopped taking imported coal with the use of higher grade coal sourced from SECL's Koriya-Rewa mining belt, officials stated.
The specific consumption of coal by the two thermal power stations has been reduced by 2% to 3% by substituting imported coal with Koriya-Rewa coal, they stated.
Notably, the South East Central Sector which includes Chhattisgarh is also set to play a key role in Central Government’s ambitious coal loading and transportation plans.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed recently between Ministry of Railways and Coal India Limited (CIL) which will lead to procurement of 2000 wagons (33 rakes) in the first outgo, officials stated.
The agreement which will result into speedy supply of wagons for coal loading in dedicated circuits.
Initially, the rakes will be inducted and run in the 2 main coal loading Zones of Indian Railways i.e South East Central coal sector and East Coast circuit.
- State of World Children Report 2017 released in Bhopal 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Election results indicate moral loss to BJP: Ajay Singh 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tribal Festival at Bhopal Haat from today 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Urdu theatre festival at Bharat Bhavan today 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- OBC students in distress as scholarships cut down 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Little artists perform on stage 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 2K school children to participate in Balrang Festival 19 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Dehradun
- Hearing impaired kids participate in chess contest 19 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Yogendra Khanduri visits Balika Niketan 19 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Four drug peddlers arrested, contraband seized 19 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun