- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
IGRMS to organise national seminar
On its 41st Foundation Day, the IGRMS will organise a national seminar on ‘Cultural Heritage of Meghalaya’ where subject experts from Meghalaya - Prof Cecile Mawlong, Quenbala Marak, Prof Esther Syiem, Phrang Roy, Prof Badapin War, Fr Joseph Puthenpurakal, RR Gowloog, Gautam K Bera, Sanat Chakraborty and Prof Henry Lamin will participate. The seminar will take place on March 21 and 22 daily at 10.30 am to 12.30 pm at Rockart Conference Hall.
Meghalaya has unique cuisine in most of the dishes are non-vegetarian but very light, aromatic healthy and lip smacking. The ingredients play a major role in the flavor of the dish of North East. The most important feature of this cuisine is minimum use of spices and oil. A number of herbs are used in their cooking. They have their own indigenous way of preparing, fermenting and drying vegetarian and non-vegetarian products.
Green chili, local garlic, local ginger sesame seeds, bamboo shoots and few local herbs which they grow in their kitchen garden give the distinctive flavor in their cuisine. There are different tribal communities who are having different food habits. But more or less all Meghalayan people are fond of hot and spicy food. Most of the recipes of Meghalaya are made with lots of chilies and other ingredients. Another noticeable thing of Meghalayan food is the variety of colours, which attracts the visitors. The people harvest and used varieties of rice.
Jadoh is special kinds of rice meal prepared by the Meghalaya people in which rice is cooked in meat stock with indigenous spices. Pumaloi (steamed rice), Pukhlein, Pudoh (a dish prepared from powder rice), sticky rice are some of the dishes prepared from rice. There are some dishes which are very delicately made with chicken. Milliem Chicken is one of the most famous food items of Meghalaya. Smoked Fish, Nakham Bitchi (hot spicy soup prepared by using special kind of fish), Tungtap (Fish chutney) are some of the famous food items of Meghalaya.
- ED attaches IAS officer‚Äôs assets in Ranchi, Udaipur, Bengaluru, Kolkata 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 10 decimal land sop to illegal settlers in towns 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man kills himself, wife, son over loan burden 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand Travel Mart to endorse State‚Äôs tourism prospects 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Pollution watchdog undergoes facelift 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Cabinet nod to form SC Panel 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NCW smells rat in gang rape case 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharcraft inks MoU with Banka Silk 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Youth power will make India world guru, says CM 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Centre okays setting up of Tribunal for settling Mahanadi water dispute 21 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur