IGRMS to organise national seminar
On its 41st Foundation Day, the IGRMS will organise a national seminar on ‘Cultural Heritage of Meghalaya’ where subject experts from Meghalaya - Prof Cecile Mawlong, Quenbala Marak, Prof Esther Syiem, Phrang Roy, Prof Badapin War, Fr Joseph Puthenpurakal, RR Gowloog, Gautam K Bera, Sanat Chakraborty and Prof Henry Lamin will participate. The seminar will take place on March 21 and 22 daily at 10.30 am to 12.30 pm at Rockart Conference Hall.
Meghalaya has unique cuisine in most of the dishes are non-vegetarian but very light, aromatic healthy and lip smacking. The ingredients play a major role in the flavor of the dish of North East. The most important feature of this cuisine is minimum use of spices and oil. A number of herbs are used in their cooking. They have their own indigenous way of preparing, fermenting and drying vegetarian and non-vegetarian products.
Green chili, local garlic, local ginger sesame seeds, bamboo shoots and few local herbs which they grow in their kitchen garden give the distinctive flavor in their cuisine. There are different tribal communities who are having different food habits. But more or less all Meghalayan people are fond of hot and spicy food. Most of the recipes of Meghalaya are made with lots of chilies and other ingredients. Another noticeable thing of Meghalayan food is the variety of colours, which attracts the visitors. The people harvest and used varieties of rice.
Jadoh is special kinds of rice meal prepared by the Meghalaya people in which rice is cooked in meat stock with indigenous spices. Pumaloi (steamed rice), Pukhlein, Pudoh (a dish prepared from powder rice), sticky rice are some of the dishes prepared from rice. There are some dishes which are very delicately made with chicken. Milliem Chicken is one of the most famous food items of Meghalaya. Smoked Fish, Nakham Bitchi (hot spicy soup prepared by using special kind of fish), Tungtap (Fish chutney) are some of the famous food items of Meghalaya.
- BJP wins big, gets control of 21 out of 34 civic bodies 21 Apr 2018 | Mukesh Ranjan | in Ranchi
- INBRIEF 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State health centres bag national award 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JMM call for Opposition unity for ‚Äô19 polls 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Triumphant candidates celebrate, thank voters 21 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | in Ranchi
- BJP retains Mayor, Deputy Mayor posts in RMC 21 Apr 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Polling to be held on May 13 in 18 municipal committees of Haryana 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana orders crop loss assessment exercise 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Three MoUs signed at YMCA's Industrial Conclave 2018 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine more ministers in Punjab Cabinet 21 Apr 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh