- Yogi unveils booklet on achievements; promises development
- No discussion on H-1B during Modi-Trump meeting
- SC refuses interim order agst Centre's notification on Aadhaar
- China accuses Indian troops of 'crossing boundary' in Sikkim section
- India, US to cooperate against JeM, LeT; ask Pak to rein in terror groups
- With hugs and praise, Modi and Trump strike rapport
IGRMS to organise national seminar
On its 41st Foundation Day, the IGRMS will organise a national seminar on ‘Cultural Heritage of Meghalaya’ where subject experts from Meghalaya - Prof Cecile Mawlong, Quenbala Marak, Prof Esther Syiem, Phrang Roy, Prof Badapin War, Fr Joseph Puthenpurakal, RR Gowloog, Gautam K Bera, Sanat Chakraborty and Prof Henry Lamin will participate. The seminar will take place on March 21 and 22 daily at 10.30 am to 12.30 pm at Rockart Conference Hall.
Meghalaya has unique cuisine in most of the dishes are non-vegetarian but very light, aromatic healthy and lip smacking. The ingredients play a major role in the flavor of the dish of North East. The most important feature of this cuisine is minimum use of spices and oil. A number of herbs are used in their cooking. They have their own indigenous way of preparing, fermenting and drying vegetarian and non-vegetarian products.
Green chili, local garlic, local ginger sesame seeds, bamboo shoots and few local herbs which they grow in their kitchen garden give the distinctive flavor in their cuisine. There are different tribal communities who are having different food habits. But more or less all Meghalayan people are fond of hot and spicy food. Most of the recipes of Meghalaya are made with lots of chilies and other ingredients. Another noticeable thing of Meghalayan food is the variety of colours, which attracts the visitors. The people harvest and used varieties of rice.
Jadoh is special kinds of rice meal prepared by the Meghalaya people in which rice is cooked in meat stock with indigenous spices. Pumaloi (steamed rice), Pukhlein, Pudoh (a dish prepared from powder rice), sticky rice are some of the dishes prepared from rice. There are some dishes which are very delicately made with chicken. Milliem Chicken is one of the most famous food items of Meghalaya. Smoked Fish, Nakham Bitchi (hot spicy soup prepared by using special kind of fish), Tungtap (Fish chutney) are some of the famous food items of Meghalaya.
- Portal of land offered for dev launched 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab SC panel orders VB probe against Patiala’s private college 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana textile traders join strike 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab Govt launches tree plantation drive 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Textile traders down shutters in Punjab 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cops book 5 people for attempt to murder over land dispute 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Akami Multi Specialty Ayurvedic Clinic opens in city 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HP Youth Congress to counter BJP yatra with Vikas Prachar yatra 28 Jun 2017 | Kamal Joshi | in Chandigarh
- Haryana aims GSDP growth at 9.8% 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh