- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Injured migrant worker returns home invalid
A tribal worker from Nuapada district returned his homeland as the physically challenged after five years following an accident and ill treatment by his employer and brokers in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
The victim was identified as Kansari Khamari of Paenr village under Komna block.
According to reports, Kansari was hired by some brokers of Chhatakhutalmunda and Mukalimunda villages to work as the labourer in Andhra Pradesh, where he was seriously injured during work.
Kansari alleged his employer of pushing him from the construction site.The employer had asked the brokers by offering them Rs 1.50 lakh to deport Kansari at his home in Odisha.
He was brought back by the brokers from Andhra and kept at a village under Komna block where he underwent traditional treatment for over two years. After he recovered partially, the brokers left him near Komna and fled the spot.
The incident came to fore after the kin of Kansari spotted him in Komna and brought him to home. Kansari alleged that he is not able to move properly as his two legs are not functioning.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar