Injured migrant worker returns home invalid
A tribal worker from Nuapada district returned his homeland as the physically challenged after five years following an accident and ill treatment by his employer and brokers in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
The victim was identified as Kansari Khamari of Paenr village under Komna block.
According to reports, Kansari was hired by some brokers of Chhatakhutalmunda and Mukalimunda villages to work as the labourer in Andhra Pradesh, where he was seriously injured during work.
Kansari alleged his employer of pushing him from the construction site.The employer had asked the brokers by offering them Rs 1.50 lakh to deport Kansari at his home in Odisha.
He was brought back by the brokers from Andhra and kept at a village under Komna block where he underwent traditional treatment for over two years. After he recovered partially, the brokers left him near Komna and fled the spot.
The incident came to fore after the kin of Kansari spotted him in Komna and brought him to home. Kansari alleged that he is not able to move properly as his two legs are not functioning.
- Bhopalites to witness Aradhna today 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Painting exhibition begins at Bharat Bhavan 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Use of bio-resources to be regulated soon 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Double murder case: Main accused held 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Will purchase all farm produce, assures CM 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- College students perform asanas on Yoga Day 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- World Yoga Day celebrated across institutions 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- President to visit Doon in July 22 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Muslim minors held for shouting pro-Pak slogans in Uttarakhand 22 Jun 2017 | PTI | in Dehradun
- Two woman Maoists gunned down in encounter with police 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur