Injured migrant worker returns home invalid
A tribal worker from Nuapada district returned his homeland as the physically challenged after five years following an accident and ill treatment by his employer and brokers in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
The victim was identified as Kansari Khamari of Paenr village under Komna block.
According to reports, Kansari was hired by some brokers of Chhatakhutalmunda and Mukalimunda villages to work as the labourer in Andhra Pradesh, where he was seriously injured during work.
Kansari alleged his employer of pushing him from the construction site.The employer had asked the brokers by offering them Rs 1.50 lakh to deport Kansari at his home in Odisha.
He was brought back by the brokers from Andhra and kept at a village under Komna block where he underwent traditional treatment for over two years. After he recovered partially, the brokers left him near Komna and fled the spot.
The incident came to fore after the kin of Kansari spotted him in Komna and brought him to home. Kansari alleged that he is not able to move properly as his two legs are not functioning.
- State health dept to open small medical unit at office of State health directorate 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sachin Khokhar from dreaded Sunil Rathi gang shifted to Nainital jail 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLess defence products put factory staff in crisis‚Äô 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Report on Rashtrapati Bhavan trees presented to Pranab 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 2 persons blessed with vision from the eyes donated by Shantikunj resident 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 4 members of inter-State swindling gang nabbed 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 4-day All India Doubles Badminton tourney begins 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon DM reviews developmental schemes progress 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dist health dept reports 4 new swine flu cases 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vyapam accused commits suicide 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal