A BJP MP writes o Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying that the pride of aadivasis and dalits at perils
A BJP MP from Robertsganj has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying that the pride of aadivasis and dalits was at perils in Uttar Pradesh as neither Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath nor party leaders were willing to help them.
In his letter dated March 16, (which was released to media on Thursday) BJP MP Chhote Lal Kharwar (45) alleged that he met the Chief Minister twice but was ‘scolded’ and asked to get out. The MP also narrated as how the BJP was functioning in Sonebhadra and cited the insult he faced in the hands of party leaders.
Chhote Lal said that he was facing discrimination by the administration and his complaints were not being addressed.
In his letter, the MP named Yogi Adityanath, state BJP chief Mahendra Nath Pandey and another senior leader Sunil Bansal for ignoring his pleas.
“I met the state BJP president thrice, state BJP general secretary (organistion) Sunil Bansal twice and the CM twice. The CM even scolded me,” he claimed in his letter.
The MP further said that he had been raising instances of rampant corruption in district administration and forest department in Chandauli for nearly three years.
“After the BJP came to power I had hopes that the situation would improve but nothing happened. Rather, my land was shown as encroached forest land by the administration,” he said.
Chhote Lal urther wrote that local BJP leaders were working against him and his brother, who is a local politician, and were colluding with rival parties. The MP also named Sujit Kumar, a mafia, who tried to kill him. He has also complained to the National Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
“I was forced to go to the Commission as I exhausted all my options within the party. You please check at the local level and see if you can find any instances of wrongdoing against me. If not, then why this is happening to me ?” Chhote Lal told this reporter on phone from New Delhi .
This is not the first time that a Dalit MPs has raised the banner of revolt against the party. Earlier, Dalit MP from Bahriach Savtri Bai Phule held a massive rally in Lucknow on April 1 demanding rights to SC/STs from the government. Similarly, in Agra, two BJP MPs are at loggerheads over some petty issue.
- Prefabricated schools buildings in Kanker dist 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NRDA seeks Rs 820 cr infra push for new capital city 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NTPC's Western Region-II HQ building soon 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Chhattisgarh East West Rail Corridor may complete by 2020 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Forest land diversion sought 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CRPF ASI martyred in encounter with Maoists 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Pug marks of leopard on water turf found in PTR 22 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mastermind Inter-School Quiz at MECON 22 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Displaced persons end hunger strike after DVC assurance 22 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- IRB jawan held for shooting colleague 22 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi