- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
After Allahabad high court order , govt. orders inclusion of two castes in SC category
Following directives of the Allahabad High Court the Uttar Pradesh government has included Kumhar and Prajapati, two castes known for making pottery, in the Schedule Caste category.
The decision of the government was announced here Minister of Mines Gayatri Prasad Prajapati here on Sunday. Till now both these castes were given OBC status.
.Prajapati said that the government ordered inclusion of the Kumhar and Prajapati castes in SC category after Allahabad High Court order for the same on a petition by one Vijay Shankar. "The state government has directed all the divisional commissioners and district magistrates to give the facilities of SC to the Kumhar and Prajapati castes," he said.
"The decision of the UP government should be appreciated because the Samajwadi Party had raised the issue of inclusion of 17 castes in Sc category. Now the fight to include remaining 15 Other Backward Castes (OBCs) to SC would continue," he said.
Prajapati who has been elevated to the rank of Cabinet minister after he led SP’s campaign to include 17 OBCs into the SC rank. "The OBCs are as backward socially and economically as SC so why they should not be included in that rank," he asked.
Meanwhile, the fourth Samajik Nyay Adhikar Rath Yatra of the Samajwadi Party will be launched from here on February 6 to demand for inclusion of 15 castes in SC category. The fourth yatra will start from Lucknow and will end in Ferozabad after covering Unnao, Kannauj, Mainpuri, Auriya and Etawah districts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana Budget session from Monday likely to be stormy 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal Cabinet approves draft Governor address 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cold conditions persist in the region 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- INLD trying to manufacture a revival in Haryana 26 Feb 2017 | IANS | in Chandigarh
- Jats to hold ‘Black Day’ in Haryana today 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana annouces Rs 50 lakh for martyr's family 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal CM opens International Shivratri fair 26 Feb 2017 | Kishori Lal | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt to finalise excise policy soon 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- PM remark has scared BJD: Dharmendra 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- House stalled over Modi’s ‘Odsha poor’ remark 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
My visit to Rwanda and Uganda was a conscious effort by the Indian Government to intensify interactions with Africa.
Media and social media have done best for small films... Creating buzz about the film without (we) having to invest.
We will hunt down and destroy the Islamic State at its source so that it can no longer threaten our nation or our families.