- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
After Allahabad high court order , govt. orders inclusion of two castes in SC category
Following directives of the Allahabad High Court the Uttar Pradesh government has included Kumhar and Prajapati, two castes known for making pottery, in the Schedule Caste category.
The decision of the government was announced here Minister of Mines Gayatri Prasad Prajapati here on Sunday. Till now both these castes were given OBC status.
.Prajapati said that the government ordered inclusion of the Kumhar and Prajapati castes in SC category after Allahabad High Court order for the same on a petition by one Vijay Shankar. "The state government has directed all the divisional commissioners and district magistrates to give the facilities of SC to the Kumhar and Prajapati castes," he said.
"The decision of the UP government should be appreciated because the Samajwadi Party had raised the issue of inclusion of 17 castes in Sc category. Now the fight to include remaining 15 Other Backward Castes (OBCs) to SC would continue," he said.
Prajapati who has been elevated to the rank of Cabinet minister after he led SP’s campaign to include 17 OBCs into the SC rank. "The OBCs are as backward socially and economically as SC so why they should not be included in that rank," he asked.
Meanwhile, the fourth Samajik Nyay Adhikar Rath Yatra of the Samajwadi Party will be launched from here on February 6 to demand for inclusion of 15 castes in SC category. The fourth yatra will start from Lucknow and will end in Ferozabad after covering Unnao, Kannauj, Mainpuri, Auriya and Etawah districts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Focus on groundwater recharge, solar irrigation 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Stay prepared for possible floods: CM tells depts 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State mulling to create Dist Commando Force 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Meet on chit fund firms-actors nexus tomorrow 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lord’s dignity should be given top priority: Manch 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Explore newer avenues: students told 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- No place for undisciplined leaders in BJD: Rout 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Law Min politicising lawyers’ bodies: Bar Council chief 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Naveen must punish party rogues and never lose secular spirit 30 Jun 2016 | BISWARAJ PATNAIK | in Bhubaneswar
- How to prevent malnutrition in 1K days of birth 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
Never has any leader made such a historic blunder. If Jawaharlalji had not declared a ceasefire at that time, the Kashmir issue would not have existed.
Actor Govinda is the ultimate Bollywood dancer. I can't see anyone beyond him. I can see him dancing for hours.
It is actually India which is shying away as it knows that it has to discuss Kashmir and other issues on the dialogue table.