- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
After Allahabad high court order , govt. orders inclusion of two castes in SC category
Following directives of the Allahabad High Court the Uttar Pradesh government has included Kumhar and Prajapati, two castes known for making pottery, in the Schedule Caste category.
The decision of the government was announced here Minister of Mines Gayatri Prasad Prajapati here on Sunday. Till now both these castes were given OBC status.
.Prajapati said that the government ordered inclusion of the Kumhar and Prajapati castes in SC category after Allahabad High Court order for the same on a petition by one Vijay Shankar. "The state government has directed all the divisional commissioners and district magistrates to give the facilities of SC to the Kumhar and Prajapati castes," he said.
"The decision of the UP government should be appreciated because the Samajwadi Party had raised the issue of inclusion of 17 castes in Sc category. Now the fight to include remaining 15 Other Backward Castes (OBCs) to SC would continue," he said.
Prajapati who has been elevated to the rank of Cabinet minister after he led SP’s campaign to include 17 OBCs into the SC rank. "The OBCs are as backward socially and economically as SC so why they should not be included in that rank," he asked.
Meanwhile, the fourth Samajik Nyay Adhikar Rath Yatra of the Samajwadi Party will be launched from here on February 6 to demand for inclusion of 15 castes in SC category. The fourth yatra will start from Lucknow and will end in Ferozabad after covering Unnao, Kannauj, Mainpuri, Auriya and Etawah districts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM sacks Shivpal Yadav from state cabinet 24 Oct 2016 | VN Bhatt | in Lucknow
- Mulayam expelled Ramgopal for six years 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP asks Akihilesh to prove majority 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Will be with CM in ‘Dharamyudh’ against political dalals: Ramgopal 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Naresh Agarwal regrets expulsion of Ramgopal 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP Govt to present Yash Bharti awards on October 27 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘Inferno’ haze hitting Brand Odisha, forces CM’s hand 24 Oct 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP to gherao B’swar DM office tomorrow 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 youths held for molesting college girl in Jajpur 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Gurubari: Penury was versatile dancer’s permanent ally 24 Oct 2016 | NIMAI CHARAN SAHU | in Bhubaneswar
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
I shared the film industry's emotions regarding the entire (terrorism) issue. We are Indians first, then comes our business.
People remember me for Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander. Now I have a lot of other exciting things to, like the ‘Happy Soul’ workshop.
We had terrific discussions with India in Kigali, and got a very aggressive amendment. India's participation got us there.