- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
After Allahabad high court order , govt. orders inclusion of two castes in SC category
Following directives of the Allahabad High Court the Uttar Pradesh government has included Kumhar and Prajapati, two castes known for making pottery, in the Schedule Caste category.
The decision of the government was announced here Minister of Mines Gayatri Prasad Prajapati here on Sunday. Till now both these castes were given OBC status.
.Prajapati said that the government ordered inclusion of the Kumhar and Prajapati castes in SC category after Allahabad High Court order for the same on a petition by one Vijay Shankar. "The state government has directed all the divisional commissioners and district magistrates to give the facilities of SC to the Kumhar and Prajapati castes," he said.
"The decision of the UP government should be appreciated because the Samajwadi Party had raised the issue of inclusion of 17 castes in Sc category. Now the fight to include remaining 15 Other Backward Castes (OBCs) to SC would continue," he said.
Prajapati who has been elevated to the rank of Cabinet minister after he led SP’s campaign to include 17 OBCs into the SC rank. "The OBCs are as backward socially and economically as SC so why they should not be included in that rank," he asked.
Meanwhile, the fourth Samajik Nyay Adhikar Rath Yatra of the Samajwadi Party will be launched from here on February 6 to demand for inclusion of 15 castes in SC category. The fourth yatra will start from Lucknow and will end in Ferozabad after covering Unnao, Kannauj, Mainpuri, Auriya and Etawah districts.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- 358 nominations for JSPL foundation’s Swayamsiddh Samman 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Prithvi II test-fired from Chandipur 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Olive Ridley mating pairs sighted at Gahirmatha 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- B’pur locals meet Khurda DRM on train timings 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- MCL eyes to produce 250 MT coal by 2020 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Airstrip renovation hailed in M’bhanj, Baleswar 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man held for abducting nephew for ransom 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sarathi Baba’s bail rejected 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Malyabanta fest celebrates tribals’ colourful life 27 Nov 2015 | NADIYA CHAND KANUNGO | in Bhubaneswar
- ABVP national meet begins in city 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
Aamir has played the role of a patriot in many films, but he failed to make his wife understand about love for the country. SP chief’s
People usually deteriorate with age but she (Shilpa Shetty) is becoming beautiful. Everyone will look bad before her.
Debates, disputes and dialogues are the soul of Parliament. For other things, the entire country is available as an arena.