Akhilesh woos voters amid credible record of development
Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav, ahead of the crucial urban local body elections, has asked voters to choose the party which has a credible record of accelerating the development of the state and the BJP has ditched the voters. “The BJP has not only failed in fulfilling the promises it had made during elections and it is pursuing the sole agenda of divisive politics by spreading hatred. The civic elections are important as the outcome of this election will give an indication of the possible results of the Lok Sabha elections in 2019,” said the SP chief in an appeal issued to voters on Tuesday. Akhilesh Yadav has decided to stay away from the campaigning for the civic elections and assigned the responsibility to the other leaders of the party. SP president listed a long list of projects and development schemes implemented during his regime in his appeal to voters.
“After winning the state Assembly elections by misleading voters by making false promises, the BJP has again come out with another ‘Chal Patr’ ( document of deceit) to mislead urban voters. The electorate of UP have, however, seen through the game of the BJP and won’t be taken for a ride twice in a short period of less than one year,” said the SP President. He added: “The electorate of UP will give a befitting reply to the BJP during civic elections.”
Alleging that the BJP government was an anti-development government: Akhilesh Yadav said: “During the last eight months in power, the BJP government has not laid the foundation stone of even one development project and there is no trace of crores of rupees spent on making roads potholed-free.”
Accusing the BJP of pursuing divisive politics, Akhilesh Yadav said: “The Samajwadi Party never indulged in politics of vendetta and hatred and every community was given equal treatment and respect it concentrated on the development of all regions of the state.” SP president also flayed the BJP for failing to benefit all farmers of the state under the farm loan waiver scheme.
- FIR against 7 for stealing power, Rs 1.09 L fine imposed 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stakeholders join hands to protect child rights 18 Nov 2017 | PRAGYAPALLAVI | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JVM only option, says Marandi 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Speaker sets deadline for witnesses 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Khadi Board launches jute bags 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Fresh Start-Up ideas rock in Y4BIZ event 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- No one should die for want of money, says CM 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Gang rape accused thrashed by public 18 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Two-year jail term for KK Mishra in CM defamation case 18 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal