Akhilesh Yadav lashed out at PM Narendra Modi
Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav lashed out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for allowing 100 percent foreign direct investment (FDI) in single brand retail through automatic route and disinvestment of 49 per cent stakes in national carrier ‘Air India’.
“During their days in opposition, the BJP vehemently opposed FDI in retail, disinvestment in Air India and Goods and Services Tax. Now that they are in power, they have conveniently forgotten their previous stand and took little time to adopt the same old anti-people policies which will ruin the economy,’’ charged Akhilesh while addressing newly-elected office bearers of students union of different degree colleges and universities on Saturday.
“The slogan of ‘Swadeshi’ given by the BJP is a hoax and fraud against the common people. The FDI in retail will prove to be a huge blow for millions of traders and small businessmen across the country. Even before they could recover from the double whammy of demonetization and GST, the NDA government has dealt another blow to the business community,’’ alleged the SP leader.
Akhilesh argued that without huge investments in infrastructure and priority sector of the economy, new jobs could not be created.
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi is now desperate as the next Lok Sabha elections are a year away and he wants to show to the people that he has delivered as per promises made during the 2014 Lok Sabha poll. But it’s too late and the NDA government will present its last budget next month,’’ said the SP chief.
Accusing BJP of misleading the people and constantly producing utter lies, Akhilesh said, “They are master in diverting attention from burning issues which affect the lives of common people. Farmers of Gujarat were up in arms against the BJP over the sharp fall in price of cotton and groundnut. But the major issue in Gujarat Assembly election became `neech’ remark by Congress leader Mani Shanker Iyer.’’
The SP president added, “Soon after the press conference by four judges of Supreme court, the Income Tax department launched raids on commercial and residential premises of kin of Congress leaders and business houses. I am told that on Saturday too, Income Tax raids were conducted in several cities.’’
Regretting his party’s defeat in 2017 UP Assembly poll, Akhilesh said, “Modi campaigned in Gujarat Assembly poll by sea plane and people were swayed by it and voted for the BJP. My government constructed 302 Km long Lucknow- Agra Expressway in record time of 22 months, but few voted for my party in Assembly poll.”
Meanwhile, SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said that the party would stage state-wide demonstration at district headquarters to protest against the anti-farmer polices of Yogi government on January 27. Earlier the programme was to be held on January 17.
Chaudhary said that potato farmers were compelled to destroy their produce as there were no buyers and prices crashed due to bumper production. He said that the government claim of purchasing potato from farmers to stabilise the price remains on paper.
“Similarly paddy growers were being exploited by official procurement agencies and were forced into distress sale of paddy at price far below Minimum Support Price announced by the Central government,” said he.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun