Alok Ranjan: IT governance would be utilized optimally to provide better services
Chief Secretary, Alok Ranjan claimed that IT governance would be utilized optimally to provide better services to common people. He said that necessary action would be taken on priority to make UP, the e-governance state.
Highlighting e-governance, Ranjan said that citizens would not be required to run around government officers for sorting out their minor problems, instead their issues would be conveyed to departmental officers through e-mail and SMS for time-bound resolution. He added that during the last two years, growth rate of the State had been better than national rate, it would be further improved by executing action plans in a more organized manner. He said that LPG system project presented by DM, Kanpur would be recommended for Prime Minister’s award.
The Chief Secretary was speaking after inaugurating the e-Uttara Award programme here on Saturday morning. He said that the State government was alert to the problems of general public and it was taking all possible steps to resolve the issues on priority. He said that more use of IT systems was required to carry the benefits of public welfare schemes of the government to common citizens. Very soon workshop would be organized for adoption of Information technology in improving the process of monitoring and implementation of policies.
Ranjan said that there were 5,200 panchayats in the State, most of the representatives of these panchayats were using mobile phones. He said, “UP is the first State to provide camera equipped mobile to the health personnel upto the level of ASHA workers to improve the working of health department”. He said that prioritised action was being taken for improving service delivery system to provide maximum facilities to common people. The Project Director, National Rural Health Mission, Amit Ghosh, Programme Convener, Pallavi Gupta and other speakers also expressed their views in the programme.
- Police probing from different angles in dead bodies‚Äô case 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PRSI wins award 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Free cataract operation held at Arogyam Hospital 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Workshop on MGNREGA audit organised 18 Dec 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Chakardharpur wins football tournament 18 Dec 2017 | VINOD PRASAD | in Ranchi
- MGM embarks on cleanliness drive 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lankan Anura Rohana sweeps 16th Tata Open 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jamshedpur Carnival to kick start today 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kobad Ghandy rearrested days after release from bail 18 Dec 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Youths participate in Dehradun Half Marathon in large number 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun