Amar Singh lashed out at Mulayam Singh Yadav
Once synonymous with Samajwadi Party, Amar Singh lashed out at party patron Mulayam Singh Yadav saying that he wanted to use him as a ‘political prostitute’. Singh said that Mulayam wanted to meet him incognito to keep his son Akhilesah Yadav and Ram Gopal Yadav in the dark about the meet but he refused. Amar Singh was in Lucknow on Tuesday for the promotion of a feature film produced by a photo journalist about the tarvails in the life of a journalist.
“Mulayam Singh Yadav wanted to meet me at the dead of the night. He once asked me to come from through the backdoor and also exit from the same route. He was scared of Akhilesh and Ram Gopal and wanted the meeting to remain a secret. But I refused to act like a political prostitute,’’ said Singh, who is a Rajya Sabha MP of Samajwadi Party.
“I am not associated with any faction of Samajwadi Party - be it `Papa, Chacha aur Bhaiyaji’. I have absolutely no role in Samajwadi Party. Till I was in Samajwadi Party, I was blamed for the internal strife and discord. Now I am nobody in the party,” said Singh.
The maverrck leader added, “Now the thorn in the flesh of the Samajwadi party is no longer there as I am out of the party. I wish all factions of the SP would now bury the hatchet and ensure that the outfit became united.’’
When asked about picture of Mulayam Singh missing from the posters and hoardings of Samajwadi Party for the state and national conventions, Singh told media persons, “Do not ask me any question about the present political status of Mulayam Singh Yadav.” Responding to another querry, he said, “I have no plans to join the BJP as I have so far received no invitation.’’
Deploring the secular parties for their strident anti-Modi stance, teh Rajya Sabha said, “These parties are opposing the Prime Minister for the sake of opposition. But they have no issue to raise against the PM.’’
Singh pointed out, “The Congress boycotted the special session of Parliament for the launch of Goods and Services Tax (GST) only because Modi launched a new tax regime. Modi never claimed the credit for the launch of the ‘One tax, one nation’ regime and credited the GST Council for the reforms in Indirect Taxes in India post-independence.
- Police probing from different angles in dead bodies‚Äô case 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PRSI wins award 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Free cataract operation held at Arogyam Hospital 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Workshop on MGNREGA audit organised 18 Dec 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Chakardharpur wins football tournament 18 Dec 2017 | VINOD PRASAD | in Ranchi
- MGM embarks on cleanliness drive 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lankan Anura Rohana sweeps 16th Tata Open 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jamshedpur Carnival to kick start today 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kobad Ghandy rearrested days after release from bail 18 Dec 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Youths participate in Dehradun Half Marathon in large number 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun