Appointment of Chairman and members of UPSSC soon: Govt
The state government said that the process of appointment of Chairman and members of UP Subordinate Service Commission would soon be completed.
The delay in the constitution of the commission has been delaying the process of recruitment to thousands of vacant non- gazette posts.
Unemployed youth who applied for these vacant posts have also demanded from the government to expedite the process of constitution of the Commission to avoid further delay in making the recruitments which include holding competitive examinations followed by interview.
State governments spokesman and Health minister Siddarth Nath Singh said in Lucknow on Saturday that the government was seized of the matter and the process of selecting Chairman and members of the Commission would soon be completed. There are seven members of the Commission other than the Chairman and all posts are vacant.
Its nearly six months that the issue of selecting incumbents for vacant posts has been pending before the government. Even after repeated directives of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath for expediting the process, the government is yet to finalise the names of the members and Chairman.
In September last year, the Chief Minister directed Chief Secretary Rajiv Kumar to complete the process at the earliest. Sources said that the CM had asked the Chief Secretary to mak the selection as per established procedure and norms.
Government sources said that the process of selection of right candidates was on and Intelligence department verification reports about some applicants were awaited.
Sources said that several dozen candidates, including retired IAS officers, were in the race for the post of Chairman while several hundred aspirants are in the race for the post of member. A committee headed by Chief Secretary and comprising Additional Chief Secretary (Appointment and personnel) and Principal Secretary (Home) will scrutinize the candidates.
The selection committee will prepare a panel of five persons for the post of Chairman and three-member panel for each of seven posts of members of the Commission. Office bearers of the Commission will be announced after obtaining approval from the Chief Minister.
- INBRIEF 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State health centres bag national award 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JMM call for Opposition unity for ‚Äô19 polls 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Triumphant candidates celebrate, thank voters 21 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | in Ranchi
- BJP retains Mayor, Deputy Mayor posts in RMC 21 Apr 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Polling to be held on May 13 in 18 municipal committees of Haryana 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana orders crop loss assessment exercise 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Three MoUs signed at YMCA's Industrial Conclave 2018 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine more ministers in Punjab Cabinet 21 Apr 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Collapsed bridge on Gangotri highway re-opens 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun