- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
Approval of residential maps just a click away in UP
All residential maps under development authorities across Uttar Pradesh will be cleared with the click of a mouse as the government has approved a software that would make clearance of maps by designated authorities transparent and quick.
Minister of state for Urban Development Suresh Passi released the software at a function held in Lucknow on Wednesday.
“The people will not have to run here and there to get approval for their maps. Any house or residential colony which comes under any development authority would be cleared digitally. This facility has been made available in all 33 development authorities across UP,” said Passi.
There were reports of clerks asking for bribe while clearing maps. This uneasy situation had led people not to get the maps of their houses approved that led to loss in exchequer.
“The schemes and residential plans of development authorities will be cleared digitally once they pay the required fees through e-banking or through challan. The system of electrical verification code will be used to make payments fool-proof. Any one could even see the progress of his application sitting at his home. The approval will also be given electronically,” the minister said.
Passi said that the government was committed to bring about transparency in government working. "This software is the first step in this direction. This will save people from running from one desk to another to get their maps approved," he said.
Principal Secretary Mukul Singhal said that if there was any fault in the map, it would be informed to the owner digitally. Besides, the applicant will be told about the progress of approval through e-mail and applicants would be informed through SMS.
- Women power to rule lower judiciary in Jharkhand 19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | in Ranchi
- 300 policemen on toes to ensure peaceful Diwali 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali celebration with underprivileged kids 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Teachers gear up for union polls 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali: Additional forces deployed 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- State Govt gives Diwali gift to GCE Hospital 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Modi to inaugurate projects: Bhatt 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- City gears up for Diwali celebration 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Security upped for PM‚Äôs Oct 20 visit 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun