Auto-lifting gang busted, stolen vehicles recovered
Agra police made a major breakthrough when they busted an auto-lifting gang involved in several hundred of vehicles theft in the region. Besides arresting over half a dozen members of the gang, cops recovered over a dozen two-wheelers, engines of at least three dozen stolen two wheelers, bodies and other structure of about 50 vehicles along with gadgets used to cut the stolen vehicles and later disposed off in the market.
Disclosing the above development, Senior Superintendent of Police, Agra, Dinesh Chandra Dubey claimed that they were working on a gang which is active in stealing two-wheelers from the region in large scale. He said that Circle Officer of Sadar, and local police developed the inputs about the gang and finally they made a crack down on Friday. He said that on information that the gang members will pass through Indirapuram crossing, police team started checking and they get success when they intercepted six youths riding on three separate motorcycles. A country made revolver along with bunch of keys used to lift the vehicles was recovered from possession of the accused.
Dubey claimed that the accused were taken to the police station where they revealed their identity as Rajeev, a resident of Sadar in Agra, Mohid Khan, Asghar, Naseerudeen aka Nasir, all residents of Rakabganj in Agra, Sonu aka Vivek and Asheesh, both residents of Agra, and Ashok aka Aryan, hailing from Dhaulpur in Rajasthan.
During interrogation, the accused revealed that after lifting vehicles, they took them to godown in Sadar area of the district, and after changing number plates and some time even shifting the engines from one two wheeler to another similar model vehicle, they disposed it off in the market. Dubey said that the police team later raided the godown and were shocked to find several vehicles most of them already dismantled with engine, body, chasis, etc all lying separately. However, the engine and chasis numbers pointed that the vehicles are stolen. He said that now they will try to take all the 7 accused on police custody remand to grill them and lay a trap on other accused active in the region.
- RMC readies for sanitation survey 2018 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Police to intensify anti-Romeo drive 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Poddar questions Smart Road proposal 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Take benefit of Govt plans, Munda to women 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM unveils Rs 500 cr plan for Bhadrakali temple in Chatra 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SECL to take up coal benefaction from Korba fields 17 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Commodity Value Chain for maize crop to be developed 17 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 70% SAIL steel for Mizoram‚Äôs biggest hydro project 17 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 14 IEDs recovered in Bastar in Nov: CRPF 17 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt plans compensatory afforestation in Bilaspur 17 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur