BJP nominees file papers for UP Legislative Council polls
On the last day of filing the nomination papers on Monday 12 candidates filed their papers. Ten candidates of the ruling BJP and one member of their ally Apna Dal filed their nomination papers for the biennial election to the UP Legislative council, the upper house of the state Legislature .
One candidate of the Samajwadi party also filed his papers. One Bahuajn Samaj Party candidate backed by the SP and the Congress has already filed his papers. All the 13 candidates are likely to be declared elected unopposed as only 13 candidates filed their papers.
All the 13 candidates are in the fray for the same number of seats and they are likely to be declared elected on April 19 at 3 pm, the last date of withdrawal of papers. The scrutiny of the nomination papers will be held on Tuesday.
The BJP has named Vijay Bahadur Pathak, two ministers of state —Mahendra Singh and Mohsin Raza, Vidya Sagar Sonkar, Sarojini Agarwal, Ashok Kataria, Yashwant Singh, Ashok Dhawan, Jaiveer Singh and Buqqal Nawaab as its candidates for elections to the upper House of the state assembly. One seat has been given to Ashish Singh, president of Apna Dal. He is the husband of the Apna Dal MP and Union minister of state Anupriya Patel, who was present during the filing of the nominations.
Among the BJP candidates five are party office-bearers, the BJP has also given tickets to Jaiveer Singh who was formerly with the BSP, and to Sarojini Agarwal and Buqqal Nawab, formerly with the SP.
BSP candidate B R Ambedkar had filed his nominations on Friday last.
On the last day, Samajwadi Party candidate and the party’s state president Naresh Uttam was the first to file his nominations. Thereafter, the BJP candidates came to file their papers.
BSP candidate B R Ambedkar had contested the biennial Rajya Sabha polls too as a joint opposition candidate last month but lost to BJP member Anil Agarwal in the second preferential vote.
Meanwhile, the chief minister Yogi Adityanath and state BJP president Mahendra Nath Pandey held a felicitation programme for the BJP and the Apna Dal candidates at the state office of the on Monday morning. Both the leaders were not present when the party candidates filed their papers due to their prior engagements.
Yogi Adityanath congratulating the candidates said that they will take the party to a new height. “BJP has become the world’s biggest party and its contribution to the society is also more than other parties. We will have to strive to meet the peoples’ aspirations and full fill their needs,” he said. The state BJP president Pandey wished budding leaders and asked them to contribute in a bigger way for the development of the state.
- Prefabricated schools buildings in Kanker dist 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NRDA seeks Rs 820 cr infra push for new capital city 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NTPC's Western Region-II HQ building soon 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Chhattisgarh East West Rail Corridor may complete by 2020 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Forest land diversion sought 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CRPF ASI martyred in encounter with Maoists 22 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Pug marks of leopard on water turf found in PTR 22 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mastermind Inter-School Quiz at MECON 22 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Displaced persons end hunger strike after DVC assurance 22 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- IRB jawan held for shooting colleague 22 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi