- Modi flashes victory sign as BJP close to winning Gujarat, Himachal
- Poll results approval of Modi govt's policies: Rajnath Singh
- 12 killed in fire at a shop in Mumbai
- BJP poised to take power in Himachal
- After early hiccups, BJP set to retain power in Gujarat
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN
- DRDO has key role in 'Make in India' programme: Sitharaman
- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP
CM stresses on importance for protecting environment
Stressing for the importance for protecting environment Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that conservation of environment and sustainable development is a massive challenge and has to be met squarely because it is a matter of life and death for all of us.
“The components of nature are interdependent on each other and human being have to play a significant role in protecting them. Here religion has important role which is vital to sensitize human beings to think and act better. It is unfortunate that modern generation has no time to go through religious books because it is busy in its mundane enjoyment. This directly affects our environment,” Yogi said while addressing a seminar Samvad II: Dialogue for Peace, Harmony, and Security – a global initiative for conflict Avoidance and Environmental Consciousness in Yangoon in Myanmar on Sunday.
He said in this scenario the initiative cannot be left to the government to protect environment. it is the responsibility of institutions to come forward and volunteer to build mutual trust towards preservation of environment.
“Every single being, all over the globe, irrespective of nationality, religion, caste, profession or status must strain to his fullest ability to make this earth of ours truly habitable planet. It is in our hands whether high or low, big or small, powerful or not so powerful to contribute to the emergence of a social order where the facility of the government will be made available to all,” Yogi said.
He said: “We have inherited the legacy of Lord Rama, Lord Krishna and Lord Buddha which is reflected in the policies of the state government which is committed to the welfare of one and all by pursuing the path of Sabka saath, sabka vikas. The state government is also developing Ramayana circuit, Krishna circuit and Buddhist circuit so that essence of their message percolates down.”
Talking about Buddhist circuit he said that several important places connected with the life of Lord Buddha are situated here. The task of connecting these places is in progress. This will help international tourists and devotees to reach these places and enjoy a spiritual thrill.
Talking about Hinduism he said that introspection of self analysis is essence of this religion. We have inherited a glorious tradition of tolerance and peaceful accommodation of ideas. Peaceful discussion in an amiable environment should alone be the guiding principle to resolve differences without recourse to any kind of confrontation.
“Karmayoga in Hindusim is the spiritual path which lays great emphasis on right action at the right moment by relinquishing all material desires. Besides, the three seminal teachings of Lord Buddha are relevant in ushering in desired change in the old Indian society. I am convinced that this will give a healing touch to people all over the world,” CM said.
- Police probing from different angles in dead bodies‚Äô case 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PRSI wins award 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Free cataract operation held at Arogyam Hospital 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Workshop on MGNREGA audit organised 18 Dec 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Chakardharpur wins football tournament 18 Dec 2017 | VINOD PRASAD | in Ranchi
- MGM embarks on cleanliness drive 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lankan Anura Rohana sweeps 16th Tata Open 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jamshedpur Carnival to kick start today 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kobad Ghandy rearrested days after release from bail 18 Dec 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Youths participate in Dehradun Half Marathon in large number 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun