- EC acting like BJP's puppet, PM's 'roadshow' violation of model code: Congress
- Jaitley casts his vote, asks people to vote for development
- 2nd phase of Gujarat polls: 10% voting in 2 hours
- Dalit woman rape: Court awards death sentence to labourer
- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
CM told officials not to compromise with quality of development works
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that the state government was committed to ensuring that the benefits of rural development schemes reached the beneficiaries. He asked officers of Rural Development department to strictly curb the tendency of misutilisation of funds and not top compromise with quality of development works.
Addressing a meeting of Chief Development Officers of districts and Joint Development Commissioners, Yogi said that rural development schemes like Prime Minister Awas Yojna, MNREGA, Prime Minister Grameen Sadak Yojna, UP State Rural Livelihood Mission and Drinking Water schemes could effectively change the profile of rural areas of the state.
The CM also directed Rural Development department officials to discontinue the practice of summoning field officers to Lucknow and instead send officers from Lucknow to the districts so that they coul get a feedback from beneficiaries of the schemes about the quality of works under various schemes.
Taking serious note of the collapse of overhead water tank during trial, Yogi said that it was a very serious lapse and recurrence of such incidents must be prevented.
``It’s a criminal act and those responsible would be dealt with an iron fist and brought to justice. The government will never tolerate such incidents and officers must strictly curb the tendency of compromise with quality of construction work,’’ said the Chief Minister.
Yogi said that the state government made serious efforts for accelerating development in rural areas during the last six months and as many as 9.71 lakh houses were under construction under Prime Minister Awas Yojna.
He said that the first instalment for construction of houses has been released to beneficiaries. He directed officers to review the progress of utilization of first instalment.
Yogi said that toilets should also be constructed in each house under the scheme and asked officers to ensure that the second instalment was released and houses were completed as per schedule.
On UP State Rural Livelihood Mission, Yogi said, "Technical and financial assistance be made available to over 61,000 self help groups (SHG). Efforts be made to help women to make them economically self-reliant. Officers should eliminate middlemen in the sanction and release of loans to the SHGs."
The CM said that special attention was being given to 1,625 villages which have so far not been covered by any development scheme in the last seven decades. He said that any one scheme must be implemented in these villages in the next one year.
Yogi directed that memorial gates and `gaurav path’ be constructed in the native villages of martyrs of Army and Central Para Military Forces and directed officers to compile a list of such villages across the state.
- NP University to go for skill development, placement drive to take place soon 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DDC sent team for Parhaiyyas 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State Industry Director visits event site 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Arjun Munda tees off 16th Tata Open 2017 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Youth can change the fate of country: Prof Ramesh 14 Dec 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Cops investigate ‚Äėlove jehad‚Äô case 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ration denied due to non linkage of Aadhaar 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI students come in rescue of Anganwadi 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Bokaro Railway Station to get Wi-Fi facility 14 Dec 2017 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Cops to use private vehicles for patrolling 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi