Cong expels senior leader
Stuck by rebellion over distribution of tickets the Congress leadership expelled a senior Congress leader Shyamlal Pujari who unfurled a banner of revolt against party leadership saying outsiders were being given preference over loyal Congress leaders.
Pujari, who has applied for ticket from Mohanlalganj (Reserved) seat in the state capital, sat on dharna outside the UP Congress office on Sunday and blamed in-charge of UP Congress affairs Madhusudan Mistry for ignoring loyal party workers. Immediately the UP Congress acted and expelled Pujari for six years for his indiscipline.
"UP Congress president Nirmal Khatri is a nice man but people like Mistri, who is a RSS person, is trying to kick out the old Congress men from the party," Pujari, former UP Congress General secretary and chairman of the SC/ST cell said. "The Mohanlalganj ticket was given to one BSP leader Narendra Gautam by Mistri after receiving a heavy amount from the turncoat," he said.
He is not off the mark. Candidates in three important seats of Deoria, Bansgaon and Gorakhpur were given to former BSP leaders who had joined the party recently. Sabha Kumar Kushawaha, who had joined party six months back was given ticket from Deoria. He had contested 2012 assembly elections from Bhatpar Rani seat as an independent but lost. Similarly Dr Sanjay Kumar from Bansgaon and Asthbhuja Tiwari from Gorakhpur seats are old BSP leaders who joined the party in 2012.
Just only two days back sitting Congress MP from Domariyaganj Jagdambika Pal had resigned from the party. Besides, questions are being raised as why the party has not announced candidates for Ambedknagar and sant Kabir Nagar constituencies where candidates were shortlisted through primary election. Congress would be contesting 67 seats out of the total 80 in the state leaving 3 seats for Mahan Dal and 8 for the Rashtriya Lok Dal(RLD) of Ajit Singh. The party is also slated not to field candidates in Mainpuri and Kannauj from where Samajwadi Party president MulayamSingh Yadav and his daughter-in-law Dimple Yadav, wife of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, would be contesting respectively. Reciprocating this gesture SP has also not given any candidates against Sonia Gandhi in Rae Bareli and Rahul Gandhi in Amethi seats.
- One more farmer commits suicide 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Death of 17 patients at MY Hospital: Administration yet to explain cause 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 10% reservation in jobs for statehood activists: PIL referred to three-judge Bench 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Missing case of 17-yr-old boy: HC pulls up police for inaction 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ICAI Bhopal branch holds Yoga Day 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Numbers of swamp deer dwindling: Experts 24 Jun 2017 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Burglars decamp with goods worth Rs 1L in Eintkhedi 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC seeks State’s reply on basic amenities in Govt schools by next week 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Five robbers arrested in 3 days, two bikes seized 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi