- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Cong expels senior leader
Stuck by rebellion over distribution of tickets the Congress leadership expelled a senior Congress leader Shyamlal Pujari who unfurled a banner of revolt against party leadership saying outsiders were being given preference over loyal Congress leaders.
Pujari, who has applied for ticket from Mohanlalganj (Reserved) seat in the state capital, sat on dharna outside the UP Congress office on Sunday and blamed in-charge of UP Congress affairs Madhusudan Mistry for ignoring loyal party workers. Immediately the UP Congress acted and expelled Pujari for six years for his indiscipline.
"UP Congress president Nirmal Khatri is a nice man but people like Mistri, who is a RSS person, is trying to kick out the old Congress men from the party," Pujari, former UP Congress General secretary and chairman of the SC/ST cell said. "The Mohanlalganj ticket was given to one BSP leader Narendra Gautam by Mistri after receiving a heavy amount from the turncoat," he said.
He is not off the mark. Candidates in three important seats of Deoria, Bansgaon and Gorakhpur were given to former BSP leaders who had joined the party recently. Sabha Kumar Kushawaha, who had joined party six months back was given ticket from Deoria. He had contested 2012 assembly elections from Bhatpar Rani seat as an independent but lost. Similarly Dr Sanjay Kumar from Bansgaon and Asthbhuja Tiwari from Gorakhpur seats are old BSP leaders who joined the party in 2012.
Just only two days back sitting Congress MP from Domariyaganj Jagdambika Pal had resigned from the party. Besides, questions are being raised as why the party has not announced candidates for Ambedknagar and sant Kabir Nagar constituencies where candidates were shortlisted through primary election. Congress would be contesting 67 seats out of the total 80 in the state leaving 3 seats for Mahan Dal and 8 for the Rashtriya Lok Dal(RLD) of Ajit Singh. The party is also slated not to field candidates in Mainpuri and Kannauj from where Samajwadi Party president MulayamSingh Yadav and his daughter-in-law Dimple Yadav, wife of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, would be contesting respectively. Reciprocating this gesture SP has also not given any candidates against Sonia Gandhi in Rae Bareli and Rahul Gandhi in Amethi seats.
- Crorepati bank assistant in Vig net 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Six-month old elephant calf dies in pond 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CSIR-IIP marks 59th Foundation Day 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Lok Adalat settles 356 cases in B‚Äôpur 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1902 jail to turn into museum 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Pedestrians pose hindrance to traffic here 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rourkela tagged under UDAN scheme 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paramour behind murder of Neha Yadav 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Handloom saree drive in city a big draw 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IISWC pen-down, tool down strike continues 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun