- SC verdict on privacy blow to fascist forces: Rahul Gandhi
- Rs 200 notes to be issued on Friday: RBI
- BRD college: UP govt transfers Addl Chief Secy Anita Bhatnagar
- Curfew-like restrictions in Chandigarh, Panchkula ahead of Gurmeet verdict
- Good governance essential for citizens' welfare: Modi
- SC declares right to privacy as Fundamental right
- HC seeks Kejriwal's reply on Jaitley's fresh application
- 50 students hospitalised after ammonia gas leak near school
- Pak using India as 'excuse' to support terrorist groups: US
- Lt. Col. Purohit released from Taloja jail after 9 years
Cong expels senior leader
Stuck by rebellion over distribution of tickets the Congress leadership expelled a senior Congress leader Shyamlal Pujari who unfurled a banner of revolt against party leadership saying outsiders were being given preference over loyal Congress leaders.
Pujari, who has applied for ticket from Mohanlalganj (Reserved) seat in the state capital, sat on dharna outside the UP Congress office on Sunday and blamed in-charge of UP Congress affairs Madhusudan Mistry for ignoring loyal party workers. Immediately the UP Congress acted and expelled Pujari for six years for his indiscipline.
"UP Congress president Nirmal Khatri is a nice man but people like Mistri, who is a RSS person, is trying to kick out the old Congress men from the party," Pujari, former UP Congress General secretary and chairman of the SC/ST cell said. "The Mohanlalganj ticket was given to one BSP leader Narendra Gautam by Mistri after receiving a heavy amount from the turncoat," he said.
He is not off the mark. Candidates in three important seats of Deoria, Bansgaon and Gorakhpur were given to former BSP leaders who had joined the party recently. Sabha Kumar Kushawaha, who had joined party six months back was given ticket from Deoria. He had contested 2012 assembly elections from Bhatpar Rani seat as an independent but lost. Similarly Dr Sanjay Kumar from Bansgaon and Asthbhuja Tiwari from Gorakhpur seats are old BSP leaders who joined the party in 2012.
Just only two days back sitting Congress MP from Domariyaganj Jagdambika Pal had resigned from the party. Besides, questions are being raised as why the party has not announced candidates for Ambedknagar and sant Kabir Nagar constituencies where candidates were shortlisted through primary election. Congress would be contesting 67 seats out of the total 80 in the state leaving 3 seats for Mahan Dal and 8 for the Rashtriya Lok Dal(RLD) of Ajit Singh. The party is also slated not to field candidates in Mainpuri and Kannauj from where Samajwadi Party president MulayamSingh Yadav and his daughter-in-law Dimple Yadav, wife of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, would be contesting respectively. Reciprocating this gesture SP has also not given any candidates against Sonia Gandhi in Rae Bareli and Rahul Gandhi in Amethi seats.
- Inbrief 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IIFT organises freshers cum farewell party 24 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC grants bail to Medha Patkar 24 Aug 2017 | PTI | in Bhopal
- in brief 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Haven‚Äôt quit, says NURL VC Nirmal 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ABVP members meet Guv on students‚Äô polls 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Dr Nutan Thakur submits complaint about three alleged phone conversations 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ram Naik submits memorandum of demands 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Keshav Prasad Maurya extends all possible help to the victims 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Seven persons arrested for leakage of question papers 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow