Defense corridor of Uttar Pradesh to be a game changer
Union Minister of State for Defence Subash Bhamre has said the proposed defense corridor in Uttar Pradesh will prove to be a game changer for the economy of the most populous state of the country. Subash Bhamre said India can excel in the manufacturing of arms with the active participation of the private sector. He said all the global powers in the field of arms manufacturing have achieved their status in the industry with the active role of the private sector.
The Union minister of state who was here on Wednesday for an interaction meeting with the business leaders said the government has introduced fundamental changes in the defense procurement policy where along with the emphasis on indigenization in defense preocourment the role of the private sector will also be promoted in defense production.
"UP will be a huge gainer from the defence corruidor proposed to constructed in Bundelkhand and Agra in Western Uttar Pradesh as it will generate employment for the 2.5 Lakh people. The Jawans from UP have a big representsation in the armed forces of the country and the sentiment and the committment of the youth of UP for the armed forces is admirable’’, said the Union minister of state for defence .
He said the outcome of the Wednesday’s meeting with the leaders of the business and industry will have long term implication for UP. ``The small and the medium industry in UP will be specifically benefitted by the defense corridor with initial investment of Rs 20,000 crore and this project is all set to be a game changer for Uttar Pradesh’’, said Subash Bhamre.
The minister said the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has focused attention on the promotion of Swedeshi technology for accelerating the pace of arms production in India. He said `make In India’ programme of the central government Indian companies will be given due priority along with the foreign companies.
Lauding the UP chief minister for implementing series of measures for `Ease of doing business’’ (EODB) subash Bhamre said `` this will go a long way in accelerating the path of rapid industrialization of UP as the human resources and land is available in the state in adequate quantity’’.
Addressing the meeting the UP’s industry minister Satish Mahana said the prime minister Narendra Modi had made the announcement for the defense corridor during the two day `UP Investors summit’ here in February. He said large amount of spade work for setting up the defense corridor has been completed in the state and many other measures have been taken for the development of the infrastructure in the state. He said the Poorvanchal expressway linking Lucknow with Ballia will be completed in next two years.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun