Four members of family burnt alive in Jaunpur
In a tragic incident, a woman and her three daughters were burnt alive after their house caught fire due to short circuit in Barsati area of Jaunpur late on Friday night.
As per reports, the house of Gulab caught fire in Daudpur village due to short circuit and Gulab’s wife Kusum (28) and her daughters Anjali (7), Anshika(5) and Ayushi(2) were trapped inside the house and roasted alive. Sleeping outside the house saved the life of Gulab.
He later claimed that he raised an alarm to save his family but his efforts went in vein. The cops send all the bodies for post-mortem examination and were investigating.
Meanwhile in Ghazipur, a teenage couple, who wanted to get married against the wishes of their families, committed suicide by jumping before a train on Friday night.
As per reports, Aanshu Ram (18) and Archana (16) of Usia hamlet of Dildarnagar in Ghazipur were having an affair for the last one year and wanted to tie the knot. However, their families were opposed to their affair and pressuring them to give up their relationship.
Sources said that the couple got married secretly at a local temple on Friday before deciding that if they could not live together, than they could die together. Late on Friday night, they jumped before a train and ended their lives. Local villagers after witnessing the suicide informed their family members, who later called the police. The bodies were sent for post-mortem examination.
Elsewhere in Muzaffarnagar, a man was shot dead in an encounter with police while fleeing after robbing a man in Shamli on Friday. Two policemen were also injured in the encounter.
SP Shamli, Ajaypal Sharma said that the injured miscreant and two cops were rushed to a hospital where the former died. A looted motorcycle, Rs 87,000 and a pistol were seized from the accused. Themiscreant was wanted in 13 cases of loot, murder and extortion.
In another incident, a notorious criminal carrying a reward of Rs 12,000 on his arrest, was arrested after an encounter with the police near Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar on Friday. Monu, who was wanted in 14 cases of loot and murder was injured in an exchange of fire with the police after which he was arrested and hospitalised.
- Cabinet nod to solid waste disposal plan in 4 towns 19 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Naveen, Dharmendra hold talks in Delhi 19 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Naveen wins Outlook Best Administrator award 19 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rain brings relief to Bhopal 19 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tomar: MP BJP set to sweep State Assembly polls 19 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BG teachers refuse to withdraw stir 19 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Explosives manufacturer nabbed by Bhopal police 19 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Eklavya play staged at Tribal Museum 19 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ASEAN summit delegates visit Shaurya Smarak 19 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BJP plea to withdraw ‚ÄėTeach-on-call‚Äô prog 19 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar