Four members of family burnt alive in Jaunpur
In a tragic incident, a woman and her three daughters were burnt alive after their house caught fire due to short circuit in Barsati area of Jaunpur late on Friday night.
As per reports, the house of Gulab caught fire in Daudpur village due to short circuit and Gulab’s wife Kusum (28) and her daughters Anjali (7), Anshika(5) and Ayushi(2) were trapped inside the house and roasted alive. Sleeping outside the house saved the life of Gulab.
He later claimed that he raised an alarm to save his family but his efforts went in vein. The cops send all the bodies for post-mortem examination and were investigating.
Meanwhile in Ghazipur, a teenage couple, who wanted to get married against the wishes of their families, committed suicide by jumping before a train on Friday night.
As per reports, Aanshu Ram (18) and Archana (16) of Usia hamlet of Dildarnagar in Ghazipur were having an affair for the last one year and wanted to tie the knot. However, their families were opposed to their affair and pressuring them to give up their relationship.
Sources said that the couple got married secretly at a local temple on Friday before deciding that if they could not live together, than they could die together. Late on Friday night, they jumped before a train and ended their lives. Local villagers after witnessing the suicide informed their family members, who later called the police. The bodies were sent for post-mortem examination.
Elsewhere in Muzaffarnagar, a man was shot dead in an encounter with police while fleeing after robbing a man in Shamli on Friday. Two policemen were also injured in the encounter.
SP Shamli, Ajaypal Sharma said that the injured miscreant and two cops were rushed to a hospital where the former died. A looted motorcycle, Rs 87,000 and a pistol were seized from the accused. Themiscreant was wanted in 13 cases of loot, murder and extortion.
In another incident, a notorious criminal carrying a reward of Rs 12,000 on his arrest, was arrested after an encounter with the police near Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar on Friday. Monu, who was wanted in 14 cases of loot and murder was injured in an exchange of fire with the police after which he was arrested and hospitalised.
- 4 file nomination for chairman 22 Mar 2018 | VINOD PRASAD | in Ranchi
- 2-day workshop at BIT, Mesra 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Students pour colours of nature on Van Bhawan boundary wall 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Students get feel of parliamentary practices 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- inbrief 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jail authorities to take call on shifting Lalu to AIIMS 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Contestants rush to file nominations on 4th day 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Joint Secy flays banks for negative attitude 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ex-Union Min Pawan slams UT Admn on wages 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Chinese cos to expand capacity of alloy wheels 22 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh