- Poll verdict a lesson to Congress for criticising Gujarat model: Adityanath
- When celebrations turned sombre at Congress office
- Modi flashes victory sign as BJP close to winning Gujarat, Himachal
- Poll results approval of Modi govt's policies: Rajnath Singh
- 12 killed in fire at a shop in Mumbai
- BJP poised to take power in Himachal
- After early hiccups, BJP set to retain power in Gujarat
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN
- DRDO has key role in 'Make in India' programme: Sitharaman
- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP
Gorakhpur tragedy: SP, Cong, BSP demands resignation of Siddharth Nath Singh
Major Opposition parties - Samajwadi Party, Congress and Bahujan Samaj Party, demanded the sacking of Health minister Siddharth Nath Singh and action against responsible officials for the death of numeorus patients mostly children in Gorakhpur medical college in the last two days.
All India Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary and Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha, Gulam Nabi Azad demanded the resignation of Singh and apology from Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath for the death of over 60 children at BRD hospital of Gorakhpur in the last 48 hours.
“Both Health minister Siddharth Nath Singh and Minister of Technical & Medical Education Ashutosh Tandon must resign. The CM can not duck his responsibility. Yogi must apologize to the people,” Azad said after inspecting BRD hospital on Saturday. He was accompanied by senior leaders like state Congress chief Raj Babbar, Sanjay Singh , Pramod Tiwari and RPN Singh.
“This is a heart-wrenching incident and we are saddened by the children’s death. The BJP government in UP is responsible for this and the tragedy took place due to the state government’s carelessness,” he added.
Azad said that two days back, the CM reviewed the functioning of BRD hospital and within days the children started dying. “How can the government and hospital authorities deny about shortage of oxygen when the entire media in Gorakhpur was writing for the last one week on the issue but the government chose to be in slumber,” Azad added.
State Congress chief Raj Babbar had earlier demanded resignation of the BJP government over the issue and demanded compensation of Rs 20 lakh for the kin of the deceased.
Meanwhile, BSP chief Mayawati held the BJP government responsible for the death of children at the Gorakhpur medical college. “The BJP has the habit of denying their fault which has been proved again in the Gorakhpur tragedy. The government’s failure resulted in the death of more than 60 children,” she said on Saturday.
Demanding action, Mayawati said that the officials who knew about the incident should not be spared at any cost. She also sent a three-member team of BSP leaders to Gorakhpur to unravel the truth behind the tragedy and report to her.
She added that since the incident took place time when the CM was in Gorakhpur, it raised a hundred questions on the capacity of the BJP government.
Meanwhile, Rashtriya Lok Dal state head Masood Ahmed said that it was a matter of grave concern that the district administration and hospital officials were trying to hide their shortcomings and demanded sacking of Health minister Siddharth Nath Singh.
“The health minister seems to be busy as the spokesman of the
BJP government. He should put in his papers on mopral grounds.
The leaders of Aam Admi Party (AAP) also held a demonstration in front of Health directorate in Lucknow to protest the death of children in Gorakhpur.
- Police probing from different angles in dead bodies‚Äô case 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PRSI wins award 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Free cataract operation held at Arogyam Hospital 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Workshop on MGNREGA audit organised 18 Dec 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Chakardharpur wins football tournament 18 Dec 2017 | VINOD PRASAD | in Ranchi
- MGM embarks on cleanliness drive 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lankan Anura Rohana sweeps 16th Tata Open 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jamshedpur Carnival to kick start today 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kobad Ghandy rearrested days after release from bail 18 Dec 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Youths participate in Dehradun Half Marathon in large number 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun