- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Govt plans to develop Awadh Shilpgram as commercial activities hub
Hoping to provide a market for local artisans, the state government has plans to develop Awadh Shilpgram as a major hub of commercial and trade activities. This was stated by Industrial and Infrastructure Development Commissioner Dr Anup Chandra Pandey in Lucknow on Thursday.
“All out efforts would be made to develop Shilpgram as an excellent platform for carving out a national and international identity of the state’s craftsmanship. These Shilpgram would also serve as a platform to encourage artisans and craftsmen engaged in such traditional and ancestral craft based occupation, which are on the verge of extinction,” Pandey said in a statement issued.
The top official directed concerning officers to make proper arrangements for running the Shilpgram round the year.
He said that export promotion centre, library and trade-related tourism promotion and co-ordination centre would also be established in the Shilpgrams. He said that laser shows on 15 themes would be organised in these places to attract tourists and common people.
The Commissioner said that a ‘Make in UP’ pavillion would also be set up in Shilpgram and it would focus on export units including gems and jewellery, mobile phones, sugar industry etc.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal