- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Govt to revive social entrepreneurship: CM
In an effort to provide employment to people by encouraging social entrepreneurs, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav assured that his Government would revive the traditional social entrepreneur system to raise the economic status of the people in the state.Addressing an interactive workshop of public representatives held under the auspices of Fifth Estate Trust at Yojana Bhawan here on Tuesday, the CM assured all possible assistance and invited suggestions for its implementation.
"Social entrepreneurship has always played an importat role in our country in the past as a result of which rural region was an independent economic unit", the CM pointed out.Citing an example, Yadav explained, "In the past, "pattals" and ropes were made in the village. The people used to get jobs.However, this traditional system suffered a set back with the advent of plastic".
The CM expressed the hope that Forests, Health and other departments had vast possibilities of encouraging social enterpreneurship. He said many districts were known for their respective products and assured that this could be revived.Speaking on the occasion, vice-chairman of the State Planning Commission, NC Bajpai said the Government had taken several steps to provide employement to the people and eradicate poverty.Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani, said the Government was committed to develop social entrepreneurs and as such any creative suggestion would defentiely be implemented..
Earlier, the Managing Director of Fifth Estate Pallavi Gupta assured that innovative ideas on social entreprenuership would be implemented. Moreover help would be takenby private parties alongwith the state Government. Prominent among those who participated in the function included several ministers of the Akhilesh Yadav Government, the Agriculture Production Commissioner, Alok Ranjan, senior bureaucrats, experts and legislators.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal