Govt to revive social entrepreneurship: CM
In an effort to provide employment to people by encouraging social entrepreneurs, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav assured that his Government would revive the traditional social entrepreneur system to raise the economic status of the people in the state.Addressing an interactive workshop of public representatives held under the auspices of Fifth Estate Trust at Yojana Bhawan here on Tuesday, the CM assured all possible assistance and invited suggestions for its implementation.
"Social entrepreneurship has always played an importat role in our country in the past as a result of which rural region was an independent economic unit", the CM pointed out.Citing an example, Yadav explained, "In the past, "pattals" and ropes were made in the village. The people used to get jobs.However, this traditional system suffered a set back with the advent of plastic".
The CM expressed the hope that Forests, Health and other departments had vast possibilities of encouraging social enterpreneurship. He said many districts were known for their respective products and assured that this could be revived.Speaking on the occasion, vice-chairman of the State Planning Commission, NC Bajpai said the Government had taken several steps to provide employement to the people and eradicate poverty.Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani, said the Government was committed to develop social entrepreneurs and as such any creative suggestion would defentiely be implemented..
Earlier, the Managing Director of Fifth Estate Pallavi Gupta assured that innovative ideas on social entreprenuership would be implemented. Moreover help would be takenby private parties alongwith the state Government. Prominent among those who participated in the function included several ministers of the Akhilesh Yadav Government, the Agriculture Production Commissioner, Alok Ranjan, senior bureaucrats, experts and legislators.
- Youth kills himself after money dispute with father 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Furniture gutted in Peergate fire 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MP Govt to award singing maestros 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Month-long theatre workshop to be held at srijan bhavan 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BHEL Bhopal bags best productive unit of the year award 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 21 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- #MeToo: New internet buzz in Bhopal 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MP livelihood mission empowers women 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PTR officials gift tourists on Diwali 21 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Teen boy killed at Bagbera, 1 held 21 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi