Govt to revive social entrepreneurship: CM
In an effort to provide employment to people by encouraging social entrepreneurs, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav assured that his Government would revive the traditional social entrepreneur system to raise the economic status of the people in the state.Addressing an interactive workshop of public representatives held under the auspices of Fifth Estate Trust at Yojana Bhawan here on Tuesday, the CM assured all possible assistance and invited suggestions for its implementation.
"Social entrepreneurship has always played an importat role in our country in the past as a result of which rural region was an independent economic unit", the CM pointed out.Citing an example, Yadav explained, "In the past, "pattals" and ropes were made in the village. The people used to get jobs.However, this traditional system suffered a set back with the advent of plastic".
The CM expressed the hope that Forests, Health and other departments had vast possibilities of encouraging social enterpreneurship. He said many districts were known for their respective products and assured that this could be revived.Speaking on the occasion, vice-chairman of the State Planning Commission, NC Bajpai said the Government had taken several steps to provide employement to the people and eradicate poverty.Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani, said the Government was committed to develop social entrepreneurs and as such any creative suggestion would defentiely be implemented..
Earlier, the Managing Director of Fifth Estate Pallavi Gupta assured that innovative ideas on social entreprenuership would be implemented. Moreover help would be takenby private parties alongwith the state Government. Prominent among those who participated in the function included several ministers of the Akhilesh Yadav Government, the Agriculture Production Commissioner, Alok Ranjan, senior bureaucrats, experts and legislators.
- Six hours traffic block, dozens of trains affected 20 May 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Extortionist caught with money 20 May 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 cyber criminals arrested in Giridih 20 May 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Summer camp concludes at DPS, Ranchi 20 May 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tata Steel takes over Bhushan Steel Limited 20 May 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- HEC inks agreement with Russian firm 20 May 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Das mulls Tirupati model for Chhinnamastika temple 20 May 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ganj Basoda will be made mini smart city: Shivraj Singh Chouhan 20 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 24-yr-old woman commits suicide 20 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Travel agent booked for duping Rs 40 lakh 20 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal