- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Govt to revive social entrepreneurship: CM
In an effort to provide employment to people by encouraging social entrepreneurs, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav assured that his Government would revive the traditional social entrepreneur system to raise the economic status of the people in the state.Addressing an interactive workshop of public representatives held under the auspices of Fifth Estate Trust at Yojana Bhawan here on Tuesday, the CM assured all possible assistance and invited suggestions for its implementation.
"Social entrepreneurship has always played an importat role in our country in the past as a result of which rural region was an independent economic unit", the CM pointed out.Citing an example, Yadav explained, "In the past, "pattals" and ropes were made in the village. The people used to get jobs.However, this traditional system suffered a set back with the advent of plastic".
The CM expressed the hope that Forests, Health and other departments had vast possibilities of encouraging social enterpreneurship. He said many districts were known for their respective products and assured that this could be revived.Speaking on the occasion, vice-chairman of the State Planning Commission, NC Bajpai said the Government had taken several steps to provide employement to the people and eradicate poverty.Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani, said the Government was committed to develop social entrepreneurs and as such any creative suggestion would defentiely be implemented..
Earlier, the Managing Director of Fifth Estate Pallavi Gupta assured that innovative ideas on social entreprenuership would be implemented. Moreover help would be takenby private parties alongwith the state Government. Prominent among those who participated in the function included several ministers of the Akhilesh Yadav Government, the Agriculture Production Commissioner, Alok Ranjan, senior bureaucrats, experts and legislators.
- Max Hospital initiates regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Medical education dept gears up for admissions under State quota 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Bagasse made plates, bowls better option for plastic and themocol’ 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon hospital’s dept suffers due to lack of radiologists 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- EC disqualifies Narottam Mishra 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- PCC chief slams Rawat Govt on 100-day eve 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rawat Govt’s 100 days in office with key achievements 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sports 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Youth dies in lightning in Keonjhar 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 33 DAV CSpur students get top NEET ranks 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar