Govt warns allopathic doctors to check private practice
Aiming to check private practice by allopathic doctors working in government hospitals, the state government issued strict warning to doctors to either mend their ways or face action along with the nursing homes they work on the sly.
An order to this effect was issued by Principal Secretary (Health) Prashant Trivedi on Thursday.
In his directive to DMs and Commissioners, Trivedi said that the administration should identify doctors who were into private practice and also identify nursing homes where these government doctors were working before reporting to the government at the earliest.
“Once proved that a particular government doctor works in a nursing home, the licence of that institution will be cancelled with immediate effect and other punitive actions would also be taken,” Trivedi told ‘The Pioneer’ in Lucknow on Thursday.
The Principal Secretary said that strict action under Service Conduct Rules will also be taken against the erring government doctors.
“I cannot quantify it at this time, but can say this much that strict action would be taken against the guilty doctors after thorough enquiry,” he said.
The government was forced to take a tough stand after reports of government doctors indulging in private practice started pouring in from across the state. In recent times, party MLAs even complained that government doctors were found working in nursing homes rather than working in CHCs or PHCs.
However, the Private Nursing Home Association felt that the government might use the order to harass nursing homes. The government order said that license of nursing homes could be cancelled but it was silent on what action will be taken against the government doctors.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar