- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Honest and Transparent lateral induction of officers : LGP
Lok Gathbandhan Party (LGP) demanded that the process for lateral induction of officers from corporate sector into bureaucracy be honest and transparent.
On Monday, the Centre had announced to induct 10 Joint Secretary level officers through lateral entry. The LGP is headed by a former IAS officer of UP cadre Vijay Shankar Pandey.
In a statement released on Tuesday, the LGP said that instead of selection through a committee headed by Cabinet Secretary, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) be asked to recruit as it has established its credibility over the decades.
“There is nothing new in lateral induction of officers. In the past too, it was done even at Secretary level in several sought after ministries like Petroleum, Power, Commerce, Finance, Economic Affairs, Steel, Agriculture, Defence and there was no opposition,’’said LJP chief Vijay Shankar Pandey.
“The concept of lateral entry at various levels was even recommended by Administrative Reforms Commission and various other expert groups to make the system more responsive to needs and aspirations of the people,” he said.
Pande further said that the problem with the system is lack of transparency, honesty and political interference in selection process.
“Nobody knows why a particular individual was selected to head a particular department as Secretary and why others were not given the opportunity. There are examples of less qualified and undeserving officers being appointed in a opaque manner to senior positions in Central government in the past decades,” the LJP chief said.
“The argument that the present system has failed to perform and fulfill aspirations of masses is valid but the question is who allowed incompetent and corrupt officers to not only flourish in our system and dominate it,’’ asked Pandey.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun