Lucknow braces up for maiden visit of Prez Ramnath Kovind
The City of Nawabs - Lucknow is being decked up for the maiden visit of President Ramnath Kovind on Thursday.
Amid tight security arrangements, the President would attend a felicitation programme in Lucknow on the first day of his two- day visit to his native state of UP. On the second day, he will also visit a village in Kanpur and launch 'Swachhta hi Sewa' programme.
District Magistrate of Lucknow Kaushal Raj Sharma said in Lucknow on Wednesday that the President would touch down at Amausi airport on Thursday at around 2:30pm and will go directly to Raj Bhawan. Later, the first citizen will attend a felicitation programme at Indira Gandhi Prathisthan from 4:30 pm till 6 pm.
"Chief minister Yogi Adityanath would organise a dinner for the President at his official 5, KD Marg residence at 8:30pm and thereafter, the President will retire for the night at Raj Bhawan," the DM informed.
On September 15, the President will visit Deen Dayal Upadhaya Vitika at Charbagh around 10:15 am and later meet some dignitaries at Raj Bhawan. After taking lunch at Raj Bhawan, the President will fly to Kanpur to attend a couple of programmes. Later, he will return to Lucknow around 6pm and fly back to New Delhi.
Security has been beefed up in Lucknow and Kanpur in view of the President's visit. The state government has sought 20 companies of Central forces for the President's visit.
In Lucknow, all roads on which the President's motorcade would travel have been spruced up while hoardings would be put up on the route to welcome the country's first citizen.
The felicitation programme of the President in Lucknow would be attended by around 1500 people including state ministers, MPs, legislators, educationists and other dignitaries.
Meanwhile reports from Kanpur confirmed that the President will visit Ishwariganj village in Kalyanpur in the afternoon. Ishwariganj was recently declared Open-Defecation Free. Kanpur District Magistrate Surendra Singh said, "The President will launch 'Swachhta hi Sewa' (Cleanliness is Service) programme from the village and honour five people who played a major role in making Ishwariganj an ODF village," he said.
However, there was no word on whether Kovind will visit his ancestral Paraunkh village in adjoining Kanpur Dehat. The President will inaugurate a Solid-Liquid Waste Management Scheme in Kanpur and distribute tri-cycles meant for carrying garbage among safai workers. Governor Ram Naik and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanth will also be present in the programme at Kanpur.
- Sexual assault of 16-yr-old girl: Police nab miscreant 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- JNAU signs pact with Chiba University of Japan 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Advancing development of library practitioners 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Medical workshop to be organised today at AIIMS 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 25 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Dengue deaths rising: Civic body blamed for poor sanitation 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Work will be given to SHGs 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Famous artist from Gujarat displays art at Bharat Bhavan 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Valuables worth Rs 1.5 lakh burgled from Ratan Colony 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Play staged at State Tribal Museum 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal