Mayawati slams RSS chief for comparing sangh activists with Army jawans
Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati lambasted Rastriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat for comparing Sangh activists with Army jawans fighting on the borders.
“Such statement by the RSS chief in not only disturbing and insulting but also have a demoralising effect on Indian Army who are facing challenge from terrorists on Indo- Pak borders nowadays. Bhagwat should apologise before the nation for his remarks,” she said in a statement released in Lucknow on Tuesday.
Mayawati said that when Bhagwat was so confident about his militant cadre and about their similarity to Army jawans, then why was he taking security of commandos.
“He should leave the security of commandos immediately and deploy Sangh cadres for his own security,” she said.
The BSP chief also alleged that when RSS, which once was a voluntary organisation and served the nation, turned into a political outfit then how can its cadres be treated at par with soldiers.
“Mohan Bhagwat should remove his bhram (confusion) about swayamsevaks, because the RSS is no longer a social outfit and is fast becoming a political one. Its swayamsevaks have shelved social service and are seen busy in electoral politics of BJP,” asserted the former UP Chief Minister.
Bhagwat had earlier said that Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) had the ability to organise itself and fight for the country within three days’ training, while the Army would take 6-7 months to ready the troops.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun