Mining lease had been e-auctioned in all districts of the state
The Uttar Pradesh government said that mining lease had been e-auctioned in all districts of the state, except for Sonebhadra district, and there was a huge rise in the revenue collection during the past five months.
“The government has collected Rs 2650 crore revenue through royalty and other sources of mining in the state in this fiscal so far as compared to just around Rs 140 crore collected by the past governments in a year,” claimed Parliamentary Affairs Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna in the Assembly on Tuesday.
Khanna added that the revenue from mining would increase in the next fiscal as the new mining policy had a clause of hike of 10 per cent every year in reserved price of the mining lease. Replying to a question of BJP member Sanjay Kumar, Khanna admitted that due to problem in clearance from Environment department, mining land was not auctioned in Sonebhadra district but in the remaining 74 districts, leases were awarded at 384 mining spots.
The minister also said that price for ‘morang’ (coarse sand) had been fixed at Rs 45 per cubic feet while that of sand had been fixed at Rs 22-25 per cubic feet. However, the transportation cost was excluded in the rate.
But members from both sides contradicted the claim of the government saying that consumers were getting sand and morang at higher rate than prescribed by the government. BJP member Roshan Lal Verma claimed that people in Shahjahanpur were getting sand at Rs 700 per cubic feet while Vikram Singh of the BJP said that lease holders in Fatehpur were charging exorbitant rates of sand and morang. BSP leader Lalji Verma also said sand was being sold at Rs 150 per cubic feet in his Assembly constituency in Ambedkarnagar district. After hearing the views, the minister said that the government had no control on the transportation cost of sand and morang. “At the point of origin, morang costs Rs 45 per cubic feet but the transportation cost is added to it which varies from one district to another,” he explained.
- UTC to use 180 buses to ferry Yoga participants 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Implement transfer act properly, says CS 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- INBRIEF 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stage set for World Yoga Day celebrations 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lac producers to get new lease of life 21 Jun 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- Guv distributes Cryo machines at Santhal Pargana 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minister opens online checkpost 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM pushes for doubling farm income in State 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM Das‚Äô land loot barb against Sorens 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CAIT team thanks CM for providing relief in E-Way Bill 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur